website statistics

Beach Volleyball

• 9 months later...

Mel/Brandie are through to the quarterfinals at the Elite16 in Tepic, Mexico after finishing first in their pool. They’ll play the winner of Cannon/Sponcil (USA) v. Menegatti/Gottardi (ITA) on Saturday at 1pm PST/4pm EST.

Pavan/Bukovec advance to the round of 12, after finishing third in their pool. They’ll play Clancy/Mariafe later today at 7pm PST/10pm EST. 

Edited by Josh

Pavan/Bukovec lose against Clancy/Mariafe (AUS) 0-2 (21-13, 21-12) in the Round of 12, and finish the event in 9th. 

Mel/Brandie lose against Menegatti/Gottardi (ITA) 1-2 (10-21, 21-19, 7-15) in the quarterfinals, and finish the event in 5th. 

Edited by Josh

Dunn/Furlan through to the semifinals at the BPT Futures in Coolangatta Beach, Australia, with a come from behind 2-1 win (19-21, 23-21, 15-8) over Alchin/Mears (AUS). Up next, Johnson/Fleming (AUS). 

Dunn/Furlan lose their semifinal match 2-0 (21-9, 21-18) against Johnson/Fleming (AUS) at the BPT Futures in Coolangatta Beach, Australia. They’ll play for bronze against Lawak/Toko (VAN). 

Edited by Josh

• 1 month later...

This isn’t confirmed or anything, just a speculation, but I’m pretty sure Pavan/Bukovec have split.

First clue I got, was when Sophie and Sarah withdrew from all upcoming Elite16’s they were registered in. But now I think it’s pretty much confirmed, with Sophie winning the Canadian Beach Volleyball Trials with Shanice Marcelle, therefore booking themselves a ticket to the NORCECA World Championship Trials in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Sarah, on the other hand, is next scheduled to compete at the upcoming Juumala Challenge with Molly McBain. 

Edited by Josh