website statistics

Canada at the 2022 FINA World Championships

I can see them going either way with Wog or Angus. If Angus can show that she's capable of repeating her performance from the Canadian Trials then they should go with her. Perhaps they'll give Angus the spot in the heats and replace her if she fails to go sub 1:08.

McIntosh easily into the finals; Cieplucha misses out though, little bit disappointing

Men's medley fails to qualify. Honestly didn't look too bad aside from the breaststroke leg.

Meanwhile, Wog with a 1:08 :facepalm:. Guess Canada's going to use Nichol in the final.

In summary, could we please find a good breaststroker.

5 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

McIntosh easily into the finals; Cieplucha misses out though, little bit disappointing

Men's medley fails to qualify. Honestly didn't look too bad aside from the breaststroke leg.

Meanwhile, Wog with a 1:08 :facepalm:. Guess Canada's going to use Nichol in the final.

In summary, could we please find a good breaststroker.

On that note - do we know what happened to Faith Knelson? She took a year off for injury but it's been two years and I don't think she's back. 

I think Wog did well enough to be selected for the final. Nicol won't do much better (and is probably not mentally prepared to race), but they could slip in Angus if she showed improvement in training during the week though if she did, they probably would have tested her out in the heats.

Canada really needs to improve their breaststroke swimmers for both the men's and women's, our medley relays suffer a great deal. The don't even have to be threatening for an individual medal. A woman who can consistently dip under 1:07 would make Canada a gold medal contender in the relay.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think Wog did well enough to be selected for the final. Nicol won't do much better (and is probably not mentally prepared to race), but they could slip in Angus if she showed improvement in training during the week though if she did, they probably would have tested her out in the heats.

Canada really needs to improve their breaststroke swimmers for both the men's and women's, our medley relays suffer a great deal. The don't even have to be threatening for an individual medal. A woman who can consistently dip under 1:07 would make Canada a gold medal contender in the relay.

Nicol is in. I guess her time in the mixed relay prelims was marginally better than Wog's heat. 

13 minutes ago, james89 said:

Nicol is in. I guess her time in the mixed relay prelims was marginally better than Wog's heat. 

I forgot she was in the mixed relay. Yes, she was around a second faster than Wog, if she can repeat that we'll be in a good position for a medal.