website statistics

Marathon Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see yesterday's farcical mixed relay? South Africa, Greece, South Korea and Spain started with a man, followed by a woman, so they had quite a lead after the first leg. However, the four women then went into the wrong direction, got pulled out of the water by a jury boat and disqualified some minutes later :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did anyone see yesterday's farcical mixed relay? South Africa, Greece, South Korea and Spain started with a man, followed by a woman, so they had quite a lead after the first leg. However, the four women then went into the wrong direction, got pulled out of the water by a jury boat and disqualified some minutes later :facepalm: 

Nope, the women got the DSQ (jury need some time to take a decision), but the 4 man went in the wrong direction 

35 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Nope, the women got the DSQ (jury need some time to take a decision), but the 4 man went in the wrong direction 

That would make the whole thing seem more logical. The four men did of course reach the finish/exchange zone, so they cut a part of the course somewhere?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wellbrock vs Paltrinieri for the 5k world title. Together for a large part of the race and in the end Wellbrock was simply too fast for Paltrinieri. Bronze for Romanchuk, it's basically like we're still in the pool :d 

I assume this is not the women's race being cancelled, but simply being forgotten in terms of availability? :whistle: 

tNG157A.png

Finally the WC break for Sharon van Rouwendaal. As per usual, :NED salvaging what little is left in the marathon tournament. Happy to see her on top form on the Olympic distance again.

She was a bit helped by Cunha and Beck battling it out together, but that's what can happen in a three-way race to the finish.

15 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Finally the WC break for Sharon van Rouwendaal. As per usual, :NED salvaging what little is left in the marathon tournament. Happy to see her on top form on the Olympic distance again.

She was a bit helped by Cunha and Beck battling it out together, but that's what can happen in a three-way race to the finish.

Yeah, the finish was very exciting. The first 3 women finished within 1 second from each other after 10k. :hyper: 

My meeting at work was about to start at 10:00 and meetings with Dutch and German colleagues always start right on time., but I saw how tight the race was and the finish was at 10:03 or something like that, so I made ten people in the meeting wait for me with some stupid excuse, just so I could watch the finish. :zip: