website statistics

Karate WKF Series A 2019

Totallympics

Karate1 Serie A, Stage #3 (Montreal, CAN)

Medallists Recap

women's Kata
Gold: :JPN Hikaru Ono
Silver: :JPN Maho Ono
Bronze: :JPN Emiri Iwamoto & :JPN Yui Umekage

women's Kumite, -50Kg
Gold: :JPN Ayaka Tadano
Silver: :CHN Ranran Li
Bronze: :PHI Junna Tsukii & :TUR Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu

women's Kumite, -55Kg
Gold: :KAZ Sabina Zakharova
Silver: :GER Jana Bitsch
Bronze: :TUR Tuba Yakan & :CRO Alesandra Hasani

women's Kumite, -61Kg
Gold: :PER Alexandra Grande
Silver: :SRB Jovana Prekovic
Bronze: :CHN Xiaoyan Yin & :CAN Haya Jumaa

women's Kumite, -68Kg
Gold: :ITA Silvia Semeraro
Silver: :JPN Kayo Someya
Bronze: :CHN Lingling Tang & :ALG Lamya Matoub

women's Kumite, +68Kg
Gold: :ITA Clio Ferracuti
Silver: :GER Johanna Kneer
Bronze: :IRI Hamideh Abbsali & :KAZ Sofya Berultseva

women's Team Kata
Gold: :SVK Slovakia
Silver: :MEX Mexico
Bronze: :KUW Kuwait & :PER Peru

men's Kata
Gold: :JPN Kazumasa Moto
Silver: :JPN Kakeru Nishiyama
Bronze: :JPN Seren Shimomura & :TUR Ali Sofuoglu

men's Kumite, -60Kg
Gold: :KAZ Darkhan Assadilov
Silver: :JPN Naoto Sago
Bronze: :TUR Eray Samdan & :KAZ Yerkinbek Baitureyev

men's Kumite, -67Kg
Gold: :JPN Yugo Kozaki
Silver: :TUR Burak Uygur
Bronze: :GRE Dionysios Xenos & :KAZ Didar Amirali

men's Kumite, -75Kg
Gold: :USA Thomas Scott
Silver: :TUR Erman Eltemur
Bronze: :ITA Lorenzo Pietromarchi & :KAZ Yermek Ainazarov

men's Kumite, -84Kg
Gold: :TUR Ugur Aktas
Silver: :ITA Michele Martina
Bronze: :KAZ Igor Chikhmarev & :FRA Farouk Abdesselem

men's Kumite, +84Kg
Gold: :TUR Alparslan Yamanoglu
Silver: :CAN Daniel Gaysinsky
Bronze: :IRI Sajad Ganjzadeh & :USA Brian Irr

men's Team Kata
Gold: :TUR Turkey
Silver: :PER Peru
Bronze: :CAN Canada & :MEX Mexico

• 2 months later...

Karate1 Serie A, Stage #4 (Santiago, CHI)

Medallists Recap (Part #1)

women's Individual Kata
Gold: :JPN Hikaru Ono
Silver: :ITA Viviana Bottaro
Bronze: :JPN Emiri Iwamoto & :JPN Maho Ono

men's Individual Kata
Gold: :JPN Ryinosuke Kikuchi
Silver: :JPN Kakeru Nishiyama
Bronze: :JPN Kazumasa Moto & :TUR Alì Sofuoglu

women's Team Kata
Gold: :PER Peru "A"
Silver: :PER Peru "B"
Bronze: :BRA Brazil & :ESP Spain

men's Team Kata
Gold: :JPN Kokushikan University
Silver: :ITA ASD Master Rapid SKF CBL
Bronze: :COL Colombia & :ESP Spain

Karate1 Serie A, Stage #4 (Santiago, CHI)

Medallists Recap (Part #2)

women's Individual Kumite, -50kg
Gold: :TUR Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu
Silver: :VEN Yorgelis Salazar
Bronze: :PHI Junna Tsukii & :JPN Ayaka Tadano

women's Individual Kumite, -55kg
Gold: :BRA Valeria Kumizaki
Silver: :UKR Anzhelika Terliuga
Bronze: :LUX Jennifer Warling & :CHI Valentina Toro Meneses

women's Individual Kumite, -61kg
Gold: :EGY Giana Lofty
Silver: :RUS Anna Rodina
Bronze: :CAN Haya Jumaa & :CHN Zhang Xiaoling

women's Individual Kumite, -68kg
Gold: :CHN Gong Li
Silver: :SUI Elena Quirici
Bronze: :UKR Halyna Melnyk & :EGY Feryal Abdelaziz

women's Individual Kumite, +68kg
Gold: :JPN Ayaka Saito
Silver: :GER Johanna Kneer
Bronze: :BRA Isabela Rodrigues & :BRA Rafaela Silva

men's Individual Kumite, -60kg
Gold: :TUR Eray Samdan
Silver: :JPN Naoto Sago
Bronze: :ITA Angelo Crescenzo & :KAZ Darkhan Assadilov

men's Individual Kumite, -67kg
Gold: :JPN Hiroto Gomyo
Silver: :BRA Vinicius Figueira
Bronze: :CHI Camilo Velozo & :KAZ Didar Amirali

men's Individual Kumite, -75kg
Gold: :UKR Stanislav Horuna
Silver: :CHI Joaquin Gonzalez Lavin
Bronze: :USA Thomas Scott & :ITA Luigi Busà

men's Individual Kumite, -84kg
Gold: :TUR Ugur Aktas
Silver: :IRI Zabiollah Poorshab
Bronze: :JPN Rikito Shimada & :KAZ Igor Chikhmarev

men's Individual Kumite, +84kg
Gold: :FRA Dnylson Jacquet
Silver: :FRA Salim Bendiab
Bronze: :CHI Rodrigo Rojas & :CHI Matias Salfate

very disappointing last Serie A tournament of the year for Italy...we were there with the full team and we only managed 2 bronze medals in Kumite with our stars Busà and Crescenzo (but the fact that he lost 8-0 to Samdan, who eventually won the tournament, makes his 3rd place a lot worse than it actually looks) and a few bitter 5th places...

even Bottaro in the women's Kata this week lost to Hikaru Ono (who she beat 2 weeks ago in Tokyo in the last K1PL stage)...at least, her ranking is still solid like a rock (and anyway, all of her opponents ended behind her this week)...

surprised to see Zabih Poursheib among the medalists :yikes: Iran was supposed to not send anybody to Chile, the other side of the world . but it seems 2-3 athletes went on their own. if it was Turkey we would see an army of Iranians :d but traveling to Chile is costly. 

it's impossible to be in shape for the whole year, I think it's a good idea to skip some of these Serie A events

@phelps I was checking the ranking and in this link there is also a list of upcoming events

http://setopen.sportdata.org/wkfranking/standing_tokyo2020.php

I see a continental Championship is listed for Africa and Europe ! I'm sure those events weren't in the list the last time I checked. does it mean they will replace 2019 results for those continents ?!

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

surprised to see Zabih Poursheib among the medalists :yikes: Iran was supposed to not send anybody to Chile, the other side of the world . but it seems 2-3 athletes went on their own. if it was Turkey we would see an army of Iranians :d but traveling to Chile is costly. 

it's impossible to be in shape for the whole year, I think it's a good idea to skip some of these Serie A events

@phelps I was checking the ranking and in this link there is also a list of upcoming events

http://setopen.sportdata.org/wkfranking/standing_tokyo2020.php

I see a continental Championship is listed for Africa and Europe ! I'm sure those events weren't in the list the last time I checked. does it mean they will replace 2019 results for those continents ?!

yes, as @Dunadan wrote, there have been a few switches in the calendar, so some 2019 events that were supposed to count for the ranking will be replaced by the 2020 "newly" scheduled events...

for Italy, it's bad news for Busà (but I'm sure he's going to win a medal also in 2020 EChs, so, in the end it won't make any difference) and maybe also for Crescenzo (but I think the silver medal of 2019 was an average achievement, he's definitely the best European guy in that class, with only Samdan close to him...so, the bad news is more that the Turkish guy can make up more points in 2020 than he did in 2019, not Crescenzo losing his points from this year's tournament)...

but it's also a good thing for Semeraro (who now can score more points than the 2019 edition, with Quirici and Zaretska maybe losing also some of theirs) and for those who are looking for points so to have a better seeding at the final OQT (Martina and Cardin, mainly) and in 2019 for one reason or another weren't even at the start of the EChs...

however, I fear that most of all, it's France who are going to benefit from this switch (and I'm pretty sure it was their proposal to make that change happen)...:facepalm:

4 hours ago, phelps said:

yes, as @Dunadan wrote, there have been a few switches in the calendar, so some 2019 events that were supposed to count for the ranking will be replaced by the 2020 "newly" scheduled events...

for Italy, it's bad news for Busà (but I'm sure he's going to win a medal also in 2020 EChs, so, in the end it won't make any difference) and maybe also for Crescenzo (but I think the silver medal of 2019 was an average achievement, he's definitely the best European guy in that class, with only Samdan close to him...so, the bad news is more that the Turkish guy can make up more points in 2020 than he did in 2019, not Crescenzo losing his points from this year's tournament)...

but it's also a good thing for Semeraro (who now can score more points than the 2019 edition, with Quirici and Zaretska maybe losing also some of theirs) and for those who are looking for points so to have a better seeding at the final OQT (Martina and Cardin, mainly) and in 2019 for one reason or another weren't even at the start of the EChs...

however, I fear that most of all, it's France who are going to benefit from this switch (and I'm pretty sure it was their proposal to make that change happen)...:facepalm:

but isn't this some sort of cheating ?! it's like changing the rules in middle of the competition.

obviously some athletes will benefit from this and some will get hurt , and we don't know that yet but all of them went to the 2019 European Champs thinking this is the Olympic qualifier.

the same goes to Asia if they want to have another one in 2020 before the Olympics. it will help some of our athletes but everybody knew 2019 is the Olympic qualification tournament. changing it will be unfair.

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

but isn't this some sort of cheating ?! it's like changing the rules in middle of the competition.

obviously some athletes will benefit from this and some will get hurt , and we don't know that yet but all of them went to the 2019 European Champs thinking this is the Olympic qualifier.

the same goes to Asia if they want to have another one in 2020 before the Olympics. it will help some of our athletes but everybody knew 2019 is the Olympic qualification tournament. changing it will be unfair.

for sure it's unfair...and personally I don't like this kind of approach to the management of the sport...

but I wouldn't say "cheating", as the WKF has always been very vague about the calendar, saying that changes would be possible at any time...

in any case, it's only 1 event giving up some points in the OQR, not direct quota places...so, the damage is limited (not that this is good, but at least it's not that disgraceful)...otherwise it would have been more than cheating, a true scandal...