website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

and even the only medal match reached by an Italian fighter (Viviana Bottaro's subscription to bronze medal matches in women's Kata doesn't count to me) it's a real disappointing result, as Luigi Busà lost in the semifinal match against a man he should beat with closed eyes (the man from :KAZ Ainazarov)...

ironically, in this same class, the best result of the day for us is Lorenzo Pietromarchi's win in round #1 against the reigning world champion :IRI Bahman Askari, even if then he lost in the next round and didn't go anywhere in the tournament...

Busa lost to the French guy Da Costa, I know that because he also beat our guy Asiabari :d who will meet Busa for the bronze

Askari isn't in a good shape recently. but losing convincingly to someone "relatively unknown" was surprising. I think most of big names here aren't in good shape and that's why we had more surprises (more than usual) today. this tournament is in a bad time, if you check the schedule there will be back to back events in January, February and March next year. if someone wanted to "rest" or take training a bit lightly for a while this is probably the best time. some of these guys can afford losing in a K1 event.

but prepared or not, still it was a really bad day for our women's team. Khaksar lost in the first round and Bahmanyar lost in the 3rd round (after winning two K1 PL events in a row) still it won't be disastrous for her, her main opponents also lost early. 

at least we will have one guy in the final. surprisingly this is Amir Mehdizadeh ! first time he is getting a result in his new weight of 67kg. he is very low in the ranking and even winning the gold on Sunday won't change much for him. but still it will be good for his confidence because I believe he will be our representative in the last chance qualifier in France at 67kg. our 2018 World bronze medalist Derafshipour just moved to Canada and we don't know what he is going to do or if he wants to still represent Iran or not :(

Edited by MHSN

20 hours ago, MHSN said:

Busa lost to the French guy Da Costa, I know that because he also beat our guy Asiabari :d who will meet Busa for the bronze

Askari isn't in a good shape recently. but losing convincingly to someone "relatively unknown" was surprising. I think most of big names here aren't in good shape and that's why we had more surprises (more than usual) today. this tournament is in a bad time, if you check the schedule there will be back to back events in January, February and March next year. if someone wanted to "rest" or take training a bit lightly for a while this is probably the best time. some of these guys can afford losing in a K1 event.

but prepared or not, still it was a really bad day for our women's team. Khaksar lost in the first round and Bahmanyar lost in the 3rd round (after winning two K1 PL events in a row) still it won't be disastrous for her, her main opponents also lost early. 

at least we will have one guy in the final. surprisingly this is Amir Mehdizadeh ! first time he is getting a result in his new weight of 67kg. he is very low in the ranking and even winning the gold on Sunday won't change much for him. but still it will be good for his confidence because I believe he will be our representative in the last chance qualifier in France at 67kg. our 2018 World bronze medalist Derafshipour just moved to Canada and we don't know what he is going to do or if he wants to still represent Iran or not :(

yeah, you're right...I don't know why I'm obsessed by our guys (and girls) losing to the Kazakhs everytime they face each other? :facepalm:

by the way, today it went a bit better for us, with Silvia Semeraro finally beating Agier and reaching the gold medal match and Ferracuti reaching the bronze medal match in the repechage round (after losing to guess who? the girl from KAZ, Berultseva :hairpull:)...

it's a pity that both Semeraro and Ferracuti are in the same Olympic class and one of them won't even have a chance to make it to the Games...

K1PL Stage #7 (Final) (Madrid, ESP)

Action from Day #2 in Madrid...

men's Individual Kata
Gold Medal match: :ESP Damian Hugo Quintero Capdevila vs :TUR Alì Sofuoglu
Bronze Medal match #1: :JPN Takuya Uemura vs :JPN Arata Kinjo
Bronze Medal match #2: :JPN Issei Shimbaba vs :JPN Kazumasa Moto

women's Team Kata
Gold Medal match: :JPN Kenshinkan Japan vs :POR Portugal
Bronze Medal match #1: :PER Peru vs :ESP Spain "B"
Bronze Medal match #2: :MAR Morocco vs :ESP Spain "A"

women's Individual Kumite, -61kg
Gold Medal match: :CHN Yin Xiaoyan vs :RUS Nailya Gataullina
Bronze Medal match #1: :FRA Leila Heurtault vs :FRA Gwendoline Philippe
Bronze Medal match #2: :UKR Diana Shostak vs :CAN Haya Jumaa

women's Individual Kumite, -68kg
Gold Medal match: :ITA Silvia Semeraro vs :AZE Irina Zaretska
Bronze Medal match #1: :CAN Melissa Bratic vs :UKR Halyna Melnyk
Bronze Medal match #2: :SUI Elena Quirici vs :FRA Alizèe Agier

women's Individual Kumite, +68kg
Gold Medal match: :KAZ Sofya Berultseva vs :GRE Eleni Chatziliadou
Bronze Medal match #1: :JPN Ayaka Saito vs :IRI Hamideh Abbasali
Bronze Medal match #2: :ESP Maria Torres Garcia vs :ITA Clio Ferracuti

men's Individual Kumite, -84kg
Gold Medal match: :KAZ Daniyar Yuldashev vs :TUR Ugur Aktas
Bronze Medal match #1: :AZE Panah Abdullayev vs :IRI Zabiollah Poorshab
Bronze Medal match #2: :JPN Ryutaro Araga vs :MAR Nabil Ech-Chaabi

men's Individual Kumite, +84kg
Gold Medal match: :IRI Sajad Ganjzadeh vs :FRA Dnylson Jacquet
Bronze Medal match #1: :CHI Rodrigo Rojas vs :CRO Andjelo Kvesic
Bronze Medal match #2: :IRI Saleh Abazari vs :IRI Mahdi Ashouri

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, you're right...I don't know why I'm obsessed by our guys (and girls) losing to the Kazakhs everytime they face each other? :facepalm:

by the way, today it went a bit better for us, with Silvia Semeraro finally beating Agier and reaching the gold medal match and Ferracuti reaching the bronze medal match in the repechage round (after losing to guess who? the girl from KAZ, Berultseva :hairpull:)...

it's a pity that both Semeraro and Ferracuti are in the same Olympic class and one of them won't even have a chance to make it to the Games...

Yeah I noticed your relation with Kazakhstan :d but I have to say it was a great tournament for them, 5 in the final ! more than anybody else :yikes:

btw I have to say this girl Berultseva is very talented, I think we will hear more from her, I think she has a good chance to take the last +68kg spot away from our Abbasali :( she is still below Abbasali in the ranking (and will remain that way after this event)

I also follow this Semeraro/Ferracuti race, Ferracuti actually has a very good chance to qualify, she almost won nothing in 2019 European Champs which means she will gain lots of points from the next year Euro Champs.

but I hope Semeraro beat her and qualifies instead :d I'm sure you know why.

we had some better results today, but Abbasali lost the most important match to her direct rival Chatzialiadou, even if she wins the bronze tomorrow, this tournament will make things harder for her. Alipour (after winning the last PL event) lost in the first round despite leading the Japanese girl until the very last second ! :cry:

things are less complicated on the men's side, we are almost sure about 2 quotas and 67kg is completely out of reach. but the battle between Ganjzadeh and Poursheib for the +75kg quota continues with Ganjzadeh getting a better result this time. he will fight for the gold while Zabih can win a bronze at max.

ps: it seems they banned Jonathan Horne because of what happened in Moscow , didn't hear anything about it. does anybody know about the ban and its length ? it was ugly what happened in Moscow but I think just disqualifying him from that event was enough punishment.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yeah I noticed your relation with Kazakhstan :d but I have to say it was a great tournament for them, 5 in the final ! more than anybody else :yikes:

btw I have to say this girl Berultseva is very talented, I think we will hear more from her, I think she has a good chance to take the last +68kg spot away from our Abbasali :( she is still below Abbasali in the ranking (and will remain that way after this event)

I also follow this Semeraro/Ferracuti race, Ferracuti actually has a very good chance to qualify, she almost won nothing in 2019 European Champs which means she will gain lots of points from the next year Euro Champs.

but I hope Semeraro beat her and qualifies instead :d I'm sure you know why.

we had some better results today, but Abbasali lost the most important match to her direct rival Chatzialiadou, even if she wins the bronze tomorrow, this tournament will make things harder for her. Alipour (after winning the last PL event) lost in the first round despite leading the Japanese girl until the very last second ! :cry:

things are less complicated on the men's side, we are almost sure about 2 quotas and 67kg is completely out of reach. but the battle between Ganjzadeh and Poursheib for the +75kg quota continues with Ganjzadeh getting a better result this time. he will fight for the gold while Zabih can win a bronze at max.

ps: it seems they banned Jonathan Horne because of what happened in Moscow , didn't hear anything about it. does anybody know about the ban and its length ? it was ugly what happened in Moscow but I think just disqualifying him from that event was enough punishment.

yeah, I know you're rooting for Silvia and why...:d

Ferracuti was u-21 world champion a few years ago, but then she did almost nothing at senior level, even if our coaches insist to say that she's very talented and sooner or later she'll start winning also in the top class...

at the moment, however, I'd rather want Semeraro to qualify for the Olympic Games, as she's definitely more ready to fight for the big medals and she still has a better mentality on the mat...

Horne got a 2-month ban...he'll be back in January in Paris...

(in German only, unfortunately)

https://www.rheinpfalz.de/lokal/kaiserslautern/artikel/karate-jonathan-horne-fuer-zwei-monate-gesperrt/?tx_rhpnews_shownews[reduced]=true

K1PL Stage #7 (Final) (Madrid, ESP)

Medallists Recap (Part #1)

women's Individual Kumite, -50kg
Gold: :UZB Bakhriniso Babaeva
Silver: :TUR Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu
Bronze: :EGY Radwa Sayed & :JPN Rinka Tahata

women's Individual Kumite, -55kg
Gold: :EGY Yassmin Attia
Silver: :TUR Tuba Yakan
Bronze: :TPE Wen Tzu-Yun & :ESP Carlota Fernandez Osorio

women's Individual Kumite, -61kg
Gold: :CHN Yin Xiaoyan