website statistics

Freestyle Skiing 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 7 months later...

Kelly Sildaru :EST tore her ACL during a practice session at the X Games, so she’ll be off the World Cup circuit for a while. Eileen Gu :CHN also injured her knee on the very same day, but I’m haven’t seen any public news about the extent of her injury yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Kelly Sildaru :EST tore her ACL during a practice session at the X Games, so she’ll be off the World Cup circuit for a while. Eileen Gu :CHN also injured her knee on the very same day, but I’m haven’t seen any public news about the extent of her injury yet.

Eileen Gu said she sprained her knees and she will be back in a couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:15 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Not one to be outdone by his sister, Henry Sildaru :EST tore his ACL during the slopestyle competition at the EYOF (explains why he was a DNF in the final). They’re both out for the season, which is a tough blow for :EST

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

:GBR Freestyle National Champs took place last weekend - amazingly in:GBR :banana:!  Don’t know if that’s the first ever, but it’s a pretty damn rare thing to have enough snow in :SCO in April, considering that we are supposed to be in the front line of global warming.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/65173944

• 1 month later...