website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

Biathlon and tennis greats Tikhonov and Kafelnikov got it.

— Alexander Tikhonov, four-time Olympic biathlon champion:

“We got what we deserved. We have so many former athletes in the State Duma, couldn’t they sort out this mess? I am with WADA on this one.”

— Evgeniy Kafelinkov, Olympic tennis champion:

“There was systemized doping in Russia, I have no doubt about it. Someone should be punished for it. Russian sport could have restored its reputation if the people who started it all just went out and said: 'Yes, I screwed up, please forgive me.' But no one wants to take responsibility for this. In the end, everything is shifted on the poor athletes.”

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

first peache and blessing to you The Pharoah, i have got it on IWF homepaged, that 7 of the Eguptian cases was under 18. the yungest a 14 year old girl, look at thweire webside, and i knew that some strang this was in the egyptian camp in the all african games i was there i was one in the medical staf there. Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

How long does it take to have a doping test? How hard is it, expensive? Probably depends on sport as well...

Depending on approved methods for testing, which may vary from substance to substance (and not from sport to sport, as protocols must be approved and hence followed for performing analysis under accredition) 

Edited by AlFHg

On 09/12/2019 at 09:41, phelps said:

so, we can't even think for a while: "justice is done", because that's not true at all...

really, just a very sad day bringing on injustice rather than justice...:cry:

On 09/12/2019 at 10:00, Monzanator said:

Obviously they won't because they don't dislike Kenya as much as Russia for instance. It's all down to anti-Russian bias, there is no anti-Kenyan bias to speak of.

Today is a huge win for the Western World, probably their biggest win since the post-Cold War communist block collapse.

On 09/12/2019 at 11:02, Khadidja Aisha said:

there totaly wrong to punsh Russia, when at least 5 countries are worse than Russia, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbadjan, Thailand and Egypt, the reak thing that you vill punish Russia has nothing to to with sports, but i think Russia sould answer whit a bojkott of the olympic games. Not just 2020, but so long russians are harrased.

On 09/12/2019 at 11:42, Kirkpatrick said:

Russians medalists should grab flags from audience and celebrate properly. I'll put that fabulous Russian anthem on Youtube at that moment, or hopefully someone hacks stadium sound and puts it there.

On 09/12/2019 at 12:27, NikolaB said:

Politic 1 - 0 Sport

Again

Resultado de imagem para history channel crazy guy"

7 hours ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

first peache and blessing to you The Pharoah, i have got it on IWF homepaged, that 7 of the Eguptian cases was under 18. the yungest a 14 year old girl, look at thweire webside, and i knew that some strang this was in the egyptian camp in the all african games i was there i was one in the medical staf there. Have a nice day.

so are they elite athletes ? it's Sara's only and Egyptian lifters doesn't need to get doped for a silly african games , they were victims of some conspiracy of some members of our federation , i can't believe that sara got doped and all her records went down the whole year how come , all weightlifting drama is made of people here in Egypt and our coach is among this list + it's very nice to have someone in medical staff in Morocco , i recommend u to go investigate the systematic doping process of Moroccan athletes in Athletics even players who got neutralized also get caught have a nice day too   

5 hours ago, dcro said:

FEI confirms that Russians will be allowed to compete as neutrals, and that no quotas will be rescinded (as long as there are clean eligible athletes).

The only thing I expect from the IOC is to make it look like they are neutral athletes. If there's a team named "Olympic Athletes from Russia", then for all intents and purposes it will be Russia, except for the flag (which is not much of a loss) and the anthem. "Olympic Neutral Athletes" is much more of a slap on the face. However, I'm more inclined to believe that there will be the word Russia in the name of the team, so all of this is supposed to be a bad joke about a state-driven doping system, which I absolutely despise. Getting rid of the flag and the anthem is not enough punishment for a program that has lost any semblance of fair play.

Edited by thiago_simoes