website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

btw in German TV they said that OAR will not be reused, this time the team will be called "Neutral Athletes."

perhaps. Anyhow, it's basically just a name. What matters, is how it will work, and I am persuaded that it will work as in Korea not like it was in Rio.

Just now, hckosice said:

perhaps. Anyhow, it's basically just a name. What matters, is how it will work, and I am persuaded that it will work as in Korea not like it was in Rio.

Just a name? Hell, then don't say a word someone makes the notorious Slovakia vs Slovenia jokes. Slovakia is also just a name, no biggie :lol:  Let's go Czechoslovakia! :sure:

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Because she was banned from competing in Rio 2016 already. She remains based in Russia so it's natural they will ban her from competing in Tokyo again IMO.

But in Rio 2016 it was up to the federations who was cleared and allowed to compete. If the same rules apply this time, she should be allowed to compete (which I fully support) as IAAF has "cleared" her. The "base in Russia" rule was not applied since Rio as far as I know, at least not by IAAF. However, this is just a guess as we are obviously lacking of details yet.

19 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Why not? Even IAAF let her compete as she is not involved in any proven doping, nor mentioned in Mc Laren's report. Please elaborate your argument.

I wouldn't trust the IAAF at all...for example we know that Darya Klishina was involved by Mclaren as having at least 3 positive/manipulated tests but they let her compete for years because she lived in the USA.

But WADA now stated that they know the names of all athletes with positive, manipulated or deleted tests in the LIMS database so the decision will be easy: if Lasitskene does not appear among them, she will be in Tokyo.