website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

5 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

there totaly wrong to punsh Russia, when at least 5 countries are worse than Russia, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbadjan, Thailand and Egypt, the reak thing that you vill punish Russia has nothing to to with sports, but i think Russia sould answer whit a bojkott of the olympic games. Not just 2020, but so long russians are harrased.

Because the Russian authorities didn't screw their own athletes hard enough yet?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Khadidja Aisha said:

why not in Tokyo.

Because there is no ice hockey in the Summer Olympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52 minutes ago, dcro said:

So punishing proven cheaters is now a political decision? While letting them go scot-free would be fair and NOT political?

Always the same boring narrative. "Russians should not be punished for their proven fraudulent cover-up of a fraud (...) because, get this, there are maybe probably more cheaters out there."

This would be just dandy in real life. "Your Honor, even though there is undeniable evidence, I believe my client should get away with murder, since there are surely murderers out there who never went to jail."

48 minutes ago, dcro said:

And don't even start with Kenya and Ethiopia. Whatever they may be doing, they did NOT host Olympics and essentially made a mockery from them.

It's like comparing a street mugger with corrupted CEO.

Exactly my point, Russia is big & powerful and they hosted the Olympics so their punishment should me more severe than countries who aren't as rich and don't host any gobal events.

It's the same crap like calling the alcohol in beer & whiskey different. If you drove under the influence of whiskey then we're taking your license but if drank beer then we won't.

Yeah, it's fairly clear that Kenya can have hundreds of dozens doped atheltes and nobody wouldn't do anything about it because the country is not as powerful as Russia. Only confirms how political this issue really is.

What a load of crap that is indeed.