website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

8 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

I highly doubt that this will affect team quota places. Like Pyoengchang 2018, "cleared" athletes will be allowed to form a team called Whatever Athletes from Russia. That is, Russia will keep that places. I do not see any hint that the opposite will happen (plus IOC won't allow that Russia loses its team quota places)

Yeah, that's what I am thinking as well. IOC will lose some Russian viewership just because of the whole "neutral athletes" thing, I am pretty sure they don't want to lose a lot more by not allowing the Russian volleyball or handball teams to participate for example. 

Edited by Vektor

From WADA statement... I guess that Lisin (ISSF) is at risk:

Russian Government officials/representatives may not be appointed to sit and may not sit as members of the boards or committees or any other bodies of any Code Signatory (or its members) or association of Signatories

23 minutes ago, nenad said:

They will play because UEFA is not the roof organization, it's FIFA

23 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I read that Russia can participate at EURO 2020 because it's not a multisport event and it's regional (European), not a World Championship. So I guess this ban only applies to World Championships and multisport events. 

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How about Euro 2020 for which Russia qualified?

I read again (and again) the statement.. and i have some doubts. European Championship is a Major event? What are the mayor events? Becouse they aren't the world championship.

(c) any other event organized by a Major Event Organisation; and (d) any World Championships 

11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I read again (and again) the statement.. and i have some doubts. European Championship is a Major event? What are the mayor events? Becouse they aren't the world championship.

(c) any other event organized by a Major Event Organisation; and (d) any World Championships 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sport-doping-russia-uefa/euro-2020-matches-in-russia-not-affected-by-sanctions-wada-idUSKBN1Y11ZW

Damn it ! :p

I was hoping only for one thing, they lost the Ice Hockey quota for Beijing and we will qualify instead since we are the first under the line because fucking free quota for China. but nooo, ofc they will still be eligible to play all team sports tournaments under Olympic/white flag...

lol that ban not-ban.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

So, 4 year ban for Russia from all major events. And again, neutral athletes stay possible. Posting it here because it's not just IOC news and not just Tokyo 2020 news.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/50710598

Committing fraude in a fraude investigation. Yeah, they were just asking for it. Good riddance, sad as it is for many actually clean athletes. Again, they have one thing and one thing only to thank: Russian authorities.

Please be more specific, two things, the anti-Russian bias in the West is also responsible for this. Nobody and I mean nobody gives a damn about single, clean Russian athletes. This is a collective responsibility like I ever saw one. At least you can stop pretending and making jokes about the big bad West and all that crap. I know how happy you are right now, well done, you've reached your goal, my congratulations. Now let's see if Kenya gets a widespread ban like that or will the Western world show them pity? I suspect the latter.

There's one thing that will come out of this, the Russian hackers will try to expose doping among Western athletes in response. God knows how many things have been swept under the carpet in the West? The Salazar/NOP craze has crushed & burned already and it's only a matter of time when more skeletons start falling out.

PS. I fully expect WADA & CAS going nuclear and kicking Russia out of the football Euro 2020 and the 2022 Qatar World Cup if neccessary. All bets are off right now.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Please be more specific, two things, the anti-Russian bias in the West is also responsible for this. Nobody and I mean nobody gives a damn about single, clean Russian athletes. This is a collective responsibility like I ever saw one. At least you can stop pretending and making jokes about the big bad West and all that crap. I know how happy you are right now, well done, you've reached your goal, my congratulations.

Ok.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!