website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

other stats

about the biological passport

since the Athlete Biological Passport program started in 2012, Kenya has had 41 athletes banned for doping or found to have been involved in doping-related cases with Russia leading at 87 while India is second with 42 cases.

Morocco is fourth with 30 cheats. The United States has 17 while Ethiopia has 12 cheating athletes.

Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco, Belarus and Ukraine were named as problem countries and put under category A because their athletes are at high risk to engage in doping.

Kenya is the third country after Russia and India with the largest pool of athletes banned for doping from international competition, according to latest report by Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU).

Edited by bestmen

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Wonder why, given this, there's no need for Kenyan athletes to compete under authorization and a neutral flag.

I don't think Russia competing under authorization and a neutral flag is only about the number of doping cases....I'm sure the same will happen to Kenya when widespread state involvement in doping is proven.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think Russia competing under authorization and a neutral flag is only about the number of doping cases....I'm sure the same will happen to Kenya when widespread state involvement in doping is proven.

Well, negligence is also a form of cover up, and that must account for at least, an investigation against Kenya's athletic federation and doping authority.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Well, negligence is also a form of cover up, and that must account for at least, an investigation against Kenya's athletic federation and doping authority.

Absolutely agreed, I'm just saying I can see there's a major difference between the cases :p Kenya is doing a terrible job, but a state-sponsored doping program is cheating on an entirely different level.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 10/07/2019 at 00:18, heywoodu said:

Mehdi Sorabi is a recent one. And that's the end of Iranian cycling :p 

the Iranian cycling was dead for a long time. there used to be several tours each year in Iran. I think there is none now. we used to have several Iranian continental teams in Asia tour. how many left ? none. I don't even follow Cycling news that much anymore.

no need to say Sohrabi claims he is innocent, (never had anybody here accepting his guilt in doping cases) he hold a press conference brought million pages of "evidences" to prove his case. but his career is pretty much done, even without this doping story he was done anyway.

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

the Iranian cycling was dead for a long time. there used to be several tours each year in Iran. I think there is none now. we used to have several Iranian continental teams in Asia tour. how many left ? none. I don't even follow Cycling news that much anymore.

no need to say Sohrabi claims he is innocent, (never had anybody here accepting his guilt in doping cases) he hold a press conference brought million pages of "evidences" to prove his case. but his career is pretty much done, even without this doping story he was done anyway.

Yeah, Iranian cycling was sort of a collective 'cult hero' in the Netherlands, mostly with that one team (Tahbriz? Tariz? Something like it and with 'petrochemical' or something, I'm sure you know :d ) winning in Pro Cycling Manager style several times (sending half the team in the breakaway and destroying everyone) :p 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, Iranian cycling was sort of a collective 'cult hero' in the Netherlands, mostly with that one team (Tahbriz? Tariz? Something like it and with 'petrochemical' or something, I'm sure you know :d ) winning in Pro Cycling Manager style several times (sending half the team in the breakaway and destroying everyone) :p 

And here I thought I was the only one who played PCM like that...

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Tabriz is a city lol yes. that team was Petrochimi Tabriz, for whatever reason they translated their name in English to "Tabriz Petrochemical"

yeah they used to have all of remaining good cyclists in Asia (outside of Kazakh cyclists in UCI Pro tour) and Asia tour was piece of cake for them. :d