website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

hace 57 minutos, thepharoah said:

i always wonder how local based players win this prize in Asia ahead of players playing in Europe ! 

There has to be some restriction, otherwise it's impossible to understand how Heung Min Son didn't win.

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

There has to be some restriction, otherwise it's impossible to understand how Heung Min Son didn't win.

they made for players outside Asia another prize , but they don't even mention them at their annual ceremony , for me the best player in Asia should be the real best player whether he plays inside Asia or outside and btw even not always the best local based player win , i feel that this prize is kind of made for Gulf countries' players especially KSA , UAE and Qatar :d 

hace 2 minutos, thepharoah said:

they made for players outside Asia another prize , but they don't even mention them at their annual ceremony , for me the best player in Asia should be the real best player whether he plays inside Asia or outside and btw even not always the best local based player win , i feel that this prize is kind of made for Gulf countries' players especially KSA , UAE and Qatar :d 

With that condition then it's very difficult for a player from Korea, Japan or Australia to win since all their best players go abroad. All winners will be from KSA, Qatar, UAE and China leagues. 

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

With that condition then it's very difficult for a player from Korea, Japan or Australia to win since all their best players go abroad. All winners will be from KSA, Qatar, UAE and China leagues. 

Japan also has a very strong league and their teams are the main competitors for ACL , but they don't win much also :d

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

i always wonder how local based players win this prize in Asia ahead of players playing in Europe ! 

it started when some winners could not attend the ceremony because they were playing in Europe. they made a rule that all nominated players should attend the ceremony and since then the whole award is a joke. later they created a special award for Asian players outside of Asia but that's not something important at all.

but even inside Asia, there are 1000 players better than this Qatari bench player guy ! he is not even a starter in Qatar NT :facepalm: they have a super stupid system to award points for few selected competitions (mostly AFC Champions League) and this guy probably had more points than the rest. back in 2011 Hadi Aghili made the top 3 and finished 2nd which was a big joke because at the time he was the weakest link in Iran NT defense but since as a defender he scored few goals in AFC CL he had lots of points and lost the award only narrowly to Server Djeparov.

I think 2004 was the last time we had a "true" winner which was Ali Karimi. since then the whole system is a joke. and they have no intention to change it. any player from AFC CL clubs can win the award next year. I said that before AFC is the worst organization ever.

34 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it started when some winners could not attend the ceremony because they were playing in Europe. they made a rule that all nominated players should attend the ceremony and since then the whole award is a joke. later they created a special award for Asian players outside of Asia but that's not something important at all.

but even inside Asia, there are 1000 players better than this Qatari bench player guy ! he is not even a starter in Qatar NT :facepalm: they have a super stupid system to award points for few selected competitions (mostly AFC Champions League) and this guy probably had more points than the rest. back in 2011 Hadi Aghili made the top 3 and finished 2nd which was a big joke because at the time he was the weakest link in Iran NT defense but since as a defender he scored few goals in AFC CL he had lots of points and lost the award only narrowly to Server Djeparov.

I think 2004 was the last time we had a "true" winner which was Ali Karimi. since then the whole system is a joke. and they have no intention to change it. any player from AFC CL clubs can win the award next year. I said that before AFC is the worst organization ever.

So it's a fantasy league , not the best player award :d AFC is quite strange in somethings yes i agree especially here with the best player Award , if there's a player or 2 playing in Europe and couldn't attend the ceremony there're many others that could attend , that's what happens in Africa , the winner should also attend the ceremony otherwise he won't win it and i guess it's something logical as the long as that should be the main scene of the ceremony , for example in CAF awards yesterday Salah and Mane were moved by a private plane from Liverpool to Dakar to attend the ceremony and i think it was delivered by CAF to assure their existence , if CAF can do this then the AFC could really easily do it also especially at this time where many leagues are taking some days off , anyway the best criteria to choose the best is always by giving this right to coaches and captains of Asian teams like what happens everywhere else 

Edited by thepharoah

On 08/01/2019 at 17:24, MHSN said:

. and since PP is the most popular club here, Rouhani called Erdogan for help and he asked Rizespor to withdraw the case and they did. 

Wow :d

That is quite something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wow :d

That is quite something. 

:d there are lots of funny/stupid stories about Iranian football. on a weekly basis

of course the government never officially accepted that. nor denied it. but that was all over the news here for a while. and so many criticized the government for meddling in such a small matter. it didn't help much though. that was too late, it just saved the club for paying Rizespor because they withdrew their case. FIFA still banned Persepolis

Jordan is the 1st team to qualify to 2nd Rd after defeating Syria 2-0 , they have also secured the top spot in the group if only Palestine didn't defeat Australia which's very predictable , good news for Palestine they'll play the last match with their 2nd team , so if Palestine could not lose heavily today , they have all their chances to go through next Rd , Syria has sacked their coach immediately after the match , which's means we already have 2 sacked coaches after the 1st day of the 2nd group stage matches :d UAE defeated India 2-0 , i didn't see the match , but i heard that India was the better side and wasted some critical chances to score , they still have their destiny on their hands only if they tie with Bahrain to get at least a spot for best 3rds , UAE road to Semis isn't anymore easy again as they'll have to meet Australia in quarters if both teams made it to this round 

Edited by thepharoah