website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

No , i really want VAR to be applied in all tournaments , yet there're still mistakes , but ofc much better than not using it , especially referees mistakes became something horrible in the last few years , even in Premier league and UCL they do a lot of mistakes so VAR IMO became a must , i also agree with u for the penalty and i think penalties should only be counted if there's a very obvious tackle by defender or handball , but just letting the referee guess the defender intention is something weird. and btw what's the biggest match in Iran history u have just referred :d Iran vs. USA in WC 98 ? 

oh no. actually in that specific match there was a penalty for Iran in first half that referee didn't see.

but I'm talking about the heroic Iran-Australia match in 1997. the whole story of that match was unbelievable. the way Iran came to that last chance (Iran had 3 chances to qualify but wasted them all in dramatic ways) against a much much better team (Australia finished 2nd in Confederations Cup only behind Brazil) and Australia deserved to score 5-6 goals only in first half. but they just relaxed after 2-0 and the miracle happened for Iran. but our first goal was clearly offside in a weird situation that nobody even noticed that during the match.

that was indeed the biggest match of our football history. they still somehow celebrate that day in Iran calling it "Melbourne miracle". and still talk about that. still make documentaries about that match even after more than 20 years. (nobody talks about USA match after 1-2 years) if you watch the entire match that was nothing but a miracle for Iran. and that match changed the Iranian football which was dying at the time. and not just football but the whole sports got lots of media attention since then and you can see a jump in Iran's performance at the Olympics since 2000.

that was probably the only time in my life that I saw the whole country ( I mean 100%) celebrating something together.

PS: who knows maybe with VAR we could beat Argentina in 2014 :p but still I won't exchange that Australia match with anything else. not even winning the world cup :p

Edited by MHSN

And Jordan wins 1-0 :d U can call it the 1st upset of this tournament , poor Palestine the Aussies will eat them alive next match , btw this Australian team performance kind of remembering me of the 2007 team , they also started back then with a loss to Oman 1-3

huge win for Jordan :yikes:. even though as thepharoah said Australia deserved a 100% penalty in the first half. but Jordan played great with passion and played their heart to win this match. Australia with something like 75% ball possession couldn't create much chances. now it's very hard for Australia to win the group.

PS:  I never saw Jordan with another GK. this Amer Shafi guy is Jordan's GK since forever. :d

53 minutes ago, MHSN said:

huge win for Jordan :yikes:. even though as thepharoah said Australia deserved a 100% penalty in the first half. but Jordan played great with passion and played their heart to win this match. Australia with something like 75% ball possession couldn't create much chances. now it's very hard for Australia to win the group.

PS:  I never saw Jordan with another GK. this Amer Shafi guy is Jordan's GK since forever. :d

Me too :d he reminds me of Essam El Hadary our goalkeeper :d