website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

I don't feel the thrill for this worlds that I usually do. Maybe it is because of the absence of some top tier swimmers because of stuff like the CWG, but I just don't feel it after the eight win for another swimmer from :USA. It just doesn't help.

Besides Popovici, Milak, Marchand and maybe McIntosh there is little for me to remember. Ceccon had a nice WR and that was a fun change of pace, and the 100 Breaststroke W was a GREAT race, but there have been too many duds and swims where I just don't really know part of the field even in a final.

17 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

I don't feel the thrill for this worlds that I usually do. Maybe it is because of the absence of some top tier swimmers because of stuff like the CWG, but I just don't feel it after the eight win for another swimmer from :USA. It just doesn't help.

Besides Popovici, Milak, Marchand and maybe McIntosh there is little for me to remember. Ceccon had a nice WR and that was a fun change of pace, and the 100 Breaststroke W was a GREAT race, but there have been too many duds and swims where I just don't really know part of the field even in a final.

Yeah, it has been a downbeat champs.  Better next time when everyone is more focussed pre-Paris.