website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Yeah, and somebody used to say Italian sport is dying. :d 

Italian sport is like basil on pizza: it's cute, it makes color, but some would like it not to be there. If only in Italy there was a minimum of sports programming and investments...

7 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

2017 World Championships: 130 pages of replies

2019 World Championships: 143 pages

This year's World Championships: 23 pages

:mumble:

I feel like activity is down in general from pre-Covid levels. I’m not sure if that’s the case, but that’s what it feels like.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Maybe you're right that these worlds were not as exciting as some previous ones, and they were very badly promoted, but still now when they're finished I already miss the competition.

Good thing was that you could watch them on Polish tv and internet live, very easily.

Two medals for Poland, one of them in an olympic event, couldn't ask for more.

Some great races, men's 4x100 medley was the most fun for me.

Some controversies, as always. But some great swims as well.

I regret the most that we couldn't watch Chalmers vs Popovici in 100 free final. But maybe next time.

Now waiting for Eugene... But that won't be so easy to watch due to 9-hours time difference...

they've been the most exciting world champs ever! :cheer: :whistle: :lol:

jokes aside, we've seen a lot of great races in terms of finals and podium places, the real disappointment were loughable heats and sometimes "easy" semifinals...

we've had a few world records and some new youngsters finally reaching the top of the game where they were predicted to be one day or another...the new stars are born...

so, despite the early slot in the Summer and the very little promotion and hype prior to the event, I think that in the end it's been a really entertaining championship...

my personal highlight, Paltrinieri showing all of his class and character in the 1500m after the the blowdown of the 800m...

my biggest regret, the missed super-final in the men's 100m free with Popovici against the "old owners" of the distance, Dressel and Chalmers...that would have been a heck of a race...