website statistics

Pacific Mini Games 2022

Totallympics

Action really getting underway today. A few sports streaming on YouTube. I just watched the first session of weightlifting, where Dika Toua :PNG won her 13th Oceanian Championship according to the in-house announcer. :weightlifting:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Action really getting underway today. A few sports streaming on YouTube. I just watched the first session of weightlifting, where Dika Toua :PNG won her 13th Oceanian Championship according to the in-house announcer. :weightlifting:

Where was this I'm watching now but can't find weightlifting 

45 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I found baseball and tennis boring. Badminton and Beach volleyball had close games. But is athletics or other sport started? 

Athletics starts today. Weightlifting stream got blocked on copyright grounds 😑

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ada Nebauer :NFK won a bronze medal in Va’a. I don’t have the official entries, but I believe she might be the only athlete from Norfolk Island at the Games. Great result for her and the Island either way.

Manuila Raobu :TUV bags a gold medal in the snatch. He only had to beat Bautista :GUM, but a medal is a medal :p

:TUV:NFK:NMI winning medals is half the fun of these Games anyways :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Manuila Raobu :TUV bags a gold medal in the snatch. He only had to beat Bautista :GUM, but a medal is a medal :p

:TUV:NFK:NMI winning medals is half the fun of these Games anyways :thumbup:

:NMI seemed to have bought some americans but it's fine :p

So I must appreciate the Northern Mariana Islands for a great games! 

9 sports we all knew VA'a golf and triathlon wouldn't be broadcasted but was secretly hoping for 1 of those at least maybe golf fuelled by the sea games broadcast like at least for 1 or 2 hours last 7-8 holes of leaders.. But nonetheless it's still fine 

Of the 6 shown badminton and baseball had live scoreboards updated at each point/run. Beach volleyball and tennis had scoreboards shown once in a  while . Athletics  especially and weightlifting (at least redirected to scoreboards placed in hall) weren't particularly good with the former giving no clue on the results. 

Of all 9 sports beach volleyball was the most competitive and hence for me the sport of the games !

:ASA:FSM are the only NOCs without a medal heading into the last day of competition. I agree with @Fly_like_a_don that this has been an enjoyable edition of the Pacific Mini Games. The results system was pretty good, and I’m happy that local organizers were able to offer a bit of streaming, even if the quality wasn’t always ideal.