website statistics

Weightlifting 2019 Discussion Thread

MHSN

Our NOC announced that 5 of our lifters were caught doped in the last African Games without naming them but rumors says that Sara Samir is included in this list so it's officially over for our weightlifting the sport could even die here in Egypt,  Mohamed Ehab announced his retirement unless he can participate under Olympic flag or something which isn't available ofc this's what we got from conflicts in our federation I seriously started to hate Egyptian sport with this bunch of losers governing our federations 

• 3 weeks later...

Our junior Sebastian Cabala (apparently a talent) set two under 17 European records At the European Under 23 Championships in Bucharest. He finished 7th in total in the -73kg class but managed 160 kg in CJ  290 kg in total, + equalled the snatch record 130kg. Nice and unusual :d

24 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Anybody knows if Moradi is competing in Switzerland tomorrow? I think it's the last chance to compete next year in Tokyo. 

yes he is

but since he is recovering from a surgery he had last month, his record will be very low here.

Kianoush Rostami also traveled to Switzerland hoping for a miracle to participate here (which was denied) since he bombed out in Pattaya, his only result in this period is a zero. he didn't register in time

20 hours ago, hckosice said:

Our junior Sebastian Cabala (apparently a talent) set two under 17 European records At the European Under 23 Championships in Bucharest. He finished 7th in total in the -73kg class but managed 160 kg in CJ  290 kg in total, + equalled the snatch record 130kg. Nice and unusual :d

and :SVK just won 3 medals in the W -76kg category. Nikola Seničová member of our special "Junior Olympic Hopes Project" won silver in total with 206kg, another silver in snatch 94kg and bronze in C&J 112kg

Nikola%20Seni%C4%8Dov%C3%A1.jpeg?itok=BP

54 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes he is

but since he is recovering from a surgery he had last month, his record will be very low here.

Kianoush Rostami also traveled to Switzerland hoping for a miracle to participate here (which was denied) since he bombed out in Pattaya, his only result in this period is a zero. he didn't register in time

Thanks for the answer, i dont think it will be a problem for him  qualifying also with a very low result in this second period.

43 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Thanks for the answer, i dont think it will be a problem for him  qualifying also with a very low result in this second period.

I'm not worried about his record, I'm worried about his health condition. one more injury on that shoulder and his career is done. but because of this stupid qualification format he has no other option.

and he still needs 2 more results in the 3rd period, actually 3 but 1 of them can be a zero.

Moradi only lifted a total of 200kg in Switzerland !!! 80+120, it was TOOOO easy for him but he didn't want to push for more. I'm not sure if he is aware of the situation and didn't want to risk more OR he was told even 200kg will be enough for him. that means only 100 ROBI points ! :facepalm::facepalm:

now he needs to lift something like 400/405 in his next two competitions. 400kg is usually not a big deal for him but considering his shoulder I'm not so sure if he recovers in time to lift 400kg. he has only 4-5 months left for that. :(

the idiot Rostami also participated, it's not clear if IWF accepts his results or not, even if they do, that was a very poor performance, he even tried to jump something like 40kg !!! (from 190 to 232) to break the WR and probably forces IWF to accept his results but he miserably failed.

• 2 weeks later...

@MHSN Could you please tell me there's nothing bad or Salimi-like about Reza Dehdar? I've just finished watching the 102kg at the world champs and he's my instant new favourite Iranian :d What a CJ technique and what a fighter :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!