website statistics

Weightlifting 2019 Discussion Thread

MHSN

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Rio 2016 medalists Sopita Tanasan and Sukanya Srisurat among the 4 banned weightlifters, Srisurat faces a 8 year ban for a second offense

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news.php?id=120411&sid=8

Also 2 Thais were announced to have failed tests last month.

That means 6 of Thailand's team failed drug tests at the World Championships.

They won 17 medals (if you include clean/jerk and snatch separately). 10 could be lost

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

They won 17 medals (if you include clean/jerk and snatch separately). 10 could be lost

That´s really sad, I´m not a weightlifting hard die fan but I do love watching the major events (especially at the olympics, not really about WCh) and when I had my Rio 2016 rewatching last year (rewatched on the Olympic channel every final of the games event by event following the schedule :p) I really liked Tanasan, the way she won the first weightlifting event of the games, so I´m really sad about that

25 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Rio 2016 medalists Sopita Tanasan and Sukanya Srisurat among the 4 banned weightlifters, Srisurat faces a 8 year ban for a second offense

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news.php?id=120411&sid=8

Spoiler

AnI0hdh.gif

I am so shocked. As if one would discover water to be wet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minuti fa, hckosice ha scritto:

That´s really sad, I´m not a weightlifting hard die fan but I do love watching the major events (especially at the olympics, not really about WCh) and when I had my Rio 2016 rewatching last year (rewatched on the Olympic channel every final of the games event by event following the schedule :p) I really liked Tanasan, the way she won the first weightlifting event of the games, so I´m really sad about that

How can you watch the replays?

13 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Until last year almost everything (except a couple of equestrian and sailing events) was available on the Olympic Channel, I was lucky to made all availabe events before they removed the videos

33 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Just found it, have not chacked everything, but apparently the videos are still available, you just have to write this:

| Rio 2016 Replays

and just write before the event you want like Athletics Day 7 Integrated morning | Rio 2016 Replays

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/athletics-integrated-day-7-morning-rio-2016-replays/

I´ll try to update the Rio video replays thread  with tha available videos

2 ore fa, Dragon ha scritto:

so, according to this point of the Qualification Rules:

"(...) countries can be banned from Tokyo 2020 if they record 3 doping cases during the qualification period (...)"

Thailand could be completely banned from Tokyo 2020...:mumble:

if that's the case, they would be the Country paying the highest prize for the new rules, even more than the repeated offenders with worse reputation than them, like RUS, KAZ, BLR, ARM & AZE (who still have the chance to qualify 1 man and 1 woman each) and so on...

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

so, according to this point of the Qualification Rules:

"(...) countries can be banned from Tokyo 2020 if they record 3 doping cases during the qualification period (...)"

Thailand could be completely banned from Tokyo 2020...:mumble:

if that's the case, they would be the Country paying the highest prize for the new rules, even more than the repeated offenders with worse reputation than them, like RUS, KAZ, BLR, ARM & AZE (who still have the chance to qualify 1 man and 1 woman each) and so on...

There is now also a possibility that Thailand could be stripped of hosting this year's World Championships