website statistics

Swimming 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

1 minute ago, dcro said:

That's short course, right? Times on short course are faster due to more turns.

1:05.54 on long course would be ridiculously fast. Easily enough for the podium at this year's World championships. :p

I have absolutely no idea :lol: but then I can not understand why it wasn´t held in Slovakia, I do believe we have at least one 25m pool here somewhere for sure :lol:

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's short course, right? Times on short course are faster due to more turns.

1:05.54 on long course would be ridiculously fast. Easily enough for the podium at this year's World championships. :p

Edit: Yes I found it. Indeed it is a Short course. So now it´s more credible and we are back to our logical and normal 0 qualified :lol:

Another italian record at Nico Sapio :coffee:

It's the 3rd record in the 1st day

Here a small recap of the new NR:

Women's 50m Breaststroke: 29.41 Benedetta Pilato (born in 2005) - Past record: 29.59 Martina Carraro (2018)

Men's 200m Backstroke: Lorenzo Mora 1:50.49 - Past record: 1:50.75 Simone Sabbioni (2015)

Women's 200m Breastroke: 2:20.56 Francesca Frangio - Past record: 2:20.93 Giulia De Acentis (2013)

Lithuanian swimmer Smiltė Plytnykaitė is breaking all of the u13 records that Meilutytė had set. Perhaps someone to watch out for the future? 1:12.28 in 100m Breaststroke (25m pool) from the 1:13.65 that belonged to Rūta. She also holds the records for 50m breaststroke and the 100m medley as well.

Interesting to see where all of it will go in a couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

Rome will host the 2022 Acquatics European Championships

the competition will be on stage from August, 11th through August, 21st 2022...

it remains to be seen if the Event would eventually be integrated into the multi-sport European Championships already awarded to Munich for what concerns Athletics, Cycling, Golf, Gymnastics, Rowing and Triathlon...

http://www2.len.eu/?p=16006

Edited by phelps

• 3 weeks later...

Two new short course world recors was setted today in Las Vegas :cheer:

Men's 50m Freestyle: :USA Caeleb Dressel 20.24 (20.26, :FRA Manaudou, 2014)

Men's 400m Individual Medley: :JPN Daiya Seto 3:54.81 (3:55.50 , :USARyan Lochte, 2010)

Edited by Gianlu33

• 2 weeks later...