website statistics

Argentina National Thread

LDOG

hace 4 horas, konig dijo:

Athletics: i have a little hope for gold of Caseta or Chiaraviglio.....but thats it: only hope, i dont 

Basque Pelota: i expect at least another gold here.

Beach Volleyball: wow, very optimistic here....

Boxing: This "sport" is very dificult to predict with all the corruption.....i really dont think in a gold medal here but yes in another medals and more than one, in who are you thinking for the gold?

Football: i believe the male team can win a medal, not the female.

Rugby Sevens: a male medal, sure, but no the gold one.

Surf: Wow, i dont think Argentina will win a gold medal here.

Volleyball: I dont expect medals here, may be a bronze.

Athletics: Chiaraviglio has done nothing this season. I don't even expect a medal from him unless the favorites fail.  Casetta's event is very random sometimes, that's why I don't predict gold, but it's possible.  

Pelota: we're favorite for both trinquete events but I don't think for any other?  

Beach volley: Brazil and USA will come with their z teams, medals are possible.

Boxing: Leonela Sanchez is current pan panamerican champion, right? It's terrible how we failed in the qualification.

Football: we can't even find 18 players for the men's team, we won't win a medal here... the women don't have Banini she's like 70% of the team.

Rugby: USA is coming with the B team. Still, sevens is unpredictable.

Surf: Brazil won't have the best surfers. But when I made this prediction I didn't know that Muñiz was out of competition for 6 months. Yes, probably nothing here then...

Volleyball: our B team is very good and should beat everyone except Brazil B team. I don't know Cuba, they play the olympic qualifiers too but maybe they will bring their A team here since they have 0 chance vs Russia or Iran. In any case our team will get a bronze at least. USA participates too but they always bring a university team here.

9 hours ago, LDOG said:

Athletics: Chiaraviglio has done nothing this season. I don't even expect a medal from him unless the favorites fail.  Casetta's event is very random sometimes, that's why I don't predict gold, but it's possible.  

Pelota: we're favorite for both trinquete events but I don't think for any other?  

Beach volley: Brazil and USA will come with their z teams, medals are possible.

Boxing: Leonela Sanchez is current pan panamerican champion, right? It's terrible how we failed in the qualification.

Football: we can't even find 18 players for the men's team, we won't win a medal here... the women don't have Banini she's like 70% of the team.

Rugby: USA is coming with the B team. Still, sevens is unpredictable.

Surf: Brazil won't have the best surfers. But when I made this prediction I didn't know that Muñiz was out of competition for 6 months. Yes, probably nothing here then...

Volleyball: our B team is very good and should beat everyone except Brazil B team. I don't know Cuba, they play the olympic qualifiers too but maybe they will bring their A team here since they have 0 chance vs Russia or Iran. In any case our team will get a bronze at least. USA participates too but they always bring a university team here.

You are rigth about Chiaraviglio but i have some confidence in him and for the "particularitys" of his speciality.

In pelota i have big confidence in the team, i change one silver for a gold of your prediction.

Boxing: you are rigth, i forget Leonela but like i said: its a very random sport, everything is possible......

Football: the others teams have similar problems and most of our rivals are not from south america, the helps.

Rugby: i didnt know that, it will be terrible lose that gold in that case.....

Voley: you can be rigth in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, but just for fun some gold predictions.

Safe bets:

Basketball men, Basque Pelota x2 (both Trinquete), Boxing (L. Sánchez), Canoeing (Vernice), Field Hockey (2), Judo (Pareto), Rowing (M2-), Rugby men, Sailing x2 (Lightning, Snipe), Skating (Artistic x2), Softball (men), Surf (longboard men), Swimming x3 (Pignatiello 400, 800, 1500).

Contenders: Basque Pelota (Fronton Cuero), Beach Volleyball (Women), Boxing (D. Sánchez), Canoeing (K2 1000, K4 500), Cycling (Molina in BMX, Soto in MTB), Handball (men), Karate (Y. Benítez), Rowing (M2x, M4x, M4-, LW1x, LM2x), Sailing (RS:X men, both 49er, both Laser, Nacra 17), Shooting (F. Gil), Taekwondo (L. Guzmán), Waterski (E. De Armas).

I´ll go optmimistic and say 25.

hace 1 hora, NMQ dijo:

Late to the party, but just for fun some gold predictions.

Safe bets:

Basketball men, Basque Pelota x2 (both Trinquete), Boxing (L. Sánchez), Canoeing (Vernice), Field Hockey (2), Judo (Pareto), Rowing (M2-), Rugby men, Sailing x2 (Lightning, Snipe), Skating (Artistic x2), Softball (men), Surf (longboard men), Swimming x3 (Pignatiello 400, 800, 1500).

Contenders: Basque Pelota (Fronton Cuero), Beach Volleyball (Women), Boxing (D. Sánchez), Canoeing (K2 1000, K4 500), Cycling (Molina in BMX, Soto in MTB), Handball (men), Karate (Y. Benítez), Rowing (M2x, M4x, M4-, LW1x, LM2x), Sailing (RS:X men, both 49er, both Laser, Nacra 17), Shooting (F. Gil), Taekwondo (L. Guzmán), Waterski (E. De Armas).

I´ll go optmimistic and say 25.

I don't think we have any chance of gold in MTB, Karate and Laser (Bisio is here and he sucks). 49er FX is also almost impossible (yes, I know they won in Toronto but that was a miracle).

I think, in comparison, we have more chances to pick a gold in 10m air rifle (cuz it's random), racquetball women, modern pentathlon or some tennis doubles than in those.  

hace 8 horas, LDOG dijo:

I don't think we have any chance of gold in MTB, Karate and Laser (Bisio is here and he sucks). 49er FX is also almost impossible (yes, I know they won in Toronto but that was a miracle).

I think, in comparison, we have more chances to pick a gold in 10m air rifle (cuz it's random), racquetball women, modern pentathlon or some tennis doubles than in those.  

Yeah, I put the sailing ones just out of respect to the defending champions and the sport (?). Racquetball and pentathlon I don´t see it, maybe tennis, but who knows. Shooting could be, but USA came with the full team bar Hancock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...