website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Mexican gymnasts Elsa Garcia and Ana Lago reported that they suffered physical abuse from their French coaches. Poor girls.

Yes, it's the most recent scandal on our already troubled sport.

More troubling is that piece of shit Ana Guevara is opening her filthy trap and getting her hands in, which must surely add more doubts to the whole process, as she is known to favor those athletes that are part of the talent agency run by a "ladyfriend" of hers.

16 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Mexican gymnasts Elsa Garcia and Ana Lago reported that they suffered physical abuse from their French coaches. Poor girls.

it's in Italian (sorry, I didn't find anything in English)...

https://www.oasport.it/2019/10/ginnastica-elsa-garcia-shock-ai-mondiali-abusata-e-insultata-dagli-allenatori-non-mi-hanno-fatto-qualificare-alle-olimpiadi/

according to the article, it's not even the first time Eric Demay and Cecile Pellerin are charged with this kind of behaviour (also the Swiss team sent them away in 2007 after Ariella Kaeslin reported to have been abused verbally, psychologically and phisically by the French couple)...:yikes:

Edited by phelps

22 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

No, only Elsa... I've just read Ana Lago's statement ans she stands by the French coaching, also saying that this time the process was more fair to all gymnasts involved.

She is saying that when Elsa's coach was in charge of Mexican team, he gave Garcia preferential treatment, while the others were given the same harsh and strict training methods, but recognizes that in no way amounted to actual abuse.

So this gives me more to think that Elsa García is being used as a puppet by Guevara's girlfriend in order to continue plundering the scarce public resources for sport, like she did with the likes of Castillo, Sánchez and Espinosa in diving earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, this is so tragic. I’ve never heard of gymnasts dying during training before (at least in modern times)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela