website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2019 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

2018 Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist and Rio 2016 Bronze Medalist won’t be attending the world championships because an injury (nerve damage) caused him to miss the British Champs. This comes after a neck injury that put him out of the game for half of last and the first half of this year. Plus, he’s been dealing with serious mental health issues as well, as all athletes would in his position.

You kinda forgot the name :p Who will miss the world champs?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

You kinda forgot the name :p Who will miss the world champs?

Whoops! Nile Wilson. Sorry about that everyone 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Whoops! Nile Wilson. Sorry about that everyone 

Thanks :d To be fair, I could have googled (in my defense, the massive Wikipedia-outage would have made it harder :p )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Thanks :d To be fair, I could have googled (in my defense, the massive Wikipedia-outage would have made it harder :p )

now I really want to ask, which wikipedia outage are you speaking about last 2 days ? It never stopped to work

Just now, hckosice said:

now I really want to ask, which wikipedia outage are you speaking about last 2 days ? It never stopped to work

In several countries (not everywhere, I believe) Wikipedia has been down pretty much non-stop since early last night. Here it worked for a few minutes now and then and only since one or two hours it seems to be working completely normal again.

https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/09/07/malicious-attack-on-wikipedia-what-we-know-and-what-were-doing/

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yeah it worked all yesterday for me

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In several countries (not everywhere, I believe) Wikipedia has been down pretty much non-stop since early last night. Here it worked for a few minutes now and then and only since one or two hours it seems to be working completely normal again.

https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/09/07/malicious-attack-on-wikipedia-what-we-know-and-what-were-doing/

So that explains my yesterday's troubles. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, hckosice said:

so it looks just some Holland issue then :p

Most social media stuff about it was from definitely non-Dutch users :p