website statistics

Football 2019 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Bahrain won Gulf Cup for 1st time in their history after defeating KSA in the final 1-0 , surprisingly Asian Champions Qatar lost in Semis to Saudi Arabia 1-0 

not really "surprising" for Qatar, it seems their success at the Asian Championship was a one time thing. they tied with India and only beat Afghanistan 1-0 in World Cup / Asian Cup qualifiers ! :facepalm:

but Bahrain was the huge surprise, they also won the "West Asian Championship" few months ago in Iraq. 2019 was a dream year for them. and to think our coachless team has to beat Bahrain to survive the 1st round of WC qualifier .... that's scary :cry:

Bahrain is very dangerous for any Asian team. yes they struggle against weaker teams (0-0 with HKG and only 1-0 vs Cambodia) but they are very good in handling the better teams. they played Iraq 4 times this year and it was 1 win and 3 draw (1 of them winning on penalties)

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Screenshot_2019-12-09-00-19-36-19.png

Cruzeiro has some of the worst supporters among clubs in Brazil, so most of the country wanted it to be relegated to a lower division. I have to confess I was among them. I don't feel bad for the club at all.

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

not really "surprising" for Qatar, it seems their success at the Asian Championship was a one time thing. they tied with India and only beat Afghanistan 1-0 in World Cup / Asian Cup qualifiers ! :facepalm:

but Bahrain was the huge surprise, they also won the "West Asian Championship" few months ago in Iraq. 2019 was a dream year for them. and to think our coachless team has to beat Bahrain to survive the 1st round of WC qualifier .... that's scary :cry:

Bahrain is very dangerous for any Asian team. yes they struggle against weaker teams (0-0 with HKG and only 1-0 vs Cambodia) but they are very good in handling the better teams. they played Iraq 4 times this year and it was 1 win and 3 draw (1 of them winning on penalties)

Well I've been following Gulf cup since 2001 there're always no standards for this tournament it doesn't matter if u're good or bad before start of tournament especially since they applied knockout stages format since 2005 and yes Qatar still hasn't become this giant in Asian football but they have better quality of players than all teams participating here and they were playing home so i still consider it as a surprise :d and also don't forget it has been a very long season for these players Asian Cup,  Copa America,  ACL with al Saad, for Bahrain they have been really lucky through this tournament they've never had the upper hand but they still manage some way to win at the end, Iran at home shouldn't really struggle against them but they can give u a hard time ofc 

Edited by thepharoah

10 horas atrás, thepharoah disse:

Screenshot_2019-12-09-00-19-36-19.png

Im a Cruzeiro fan and I'm completly ashamed abaout what the managers, the team and the supporters did this year. The relegation was completly deserved and it  will be  shame on our history forever

That red guy in the middle is offside.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!