website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics

Canada's top male and female gymnast, William Emard and Ellie Black are injured.

Canadian nationals are happening this weekend and teams for the major Championships will be selected this year.

Edited by intoronto

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Canada's :wCAN: squad for the 2023 Artistic Gymnastics World Championship (September 30 to October 8, 2023)

WOMEN’S ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS ATHLETES

Ellie Black (Halifax Alta, NS)

Aurelie Tran (Gymnix, QC)

Ava Stewart (Gemini, ON)

Cassie Lee (East York, ON)

Rose Woo (Gym-Richelieu, QC) 

Fréderique Sgarbossa (Gymnix, QC) – Alternate

MEN’S ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS ATHLETES

Zachary Clay (Twisters Gymnastics Club, BC)

Felix Dolci (Laval Excellence, QC)

William Émard (Laval Excellence, QC)

René Cournoyer (Gymnika, Repentigny, QC) 

Jayson Rampersad (Laval Excellence, QC)

Yanni Chronopoulos (University of Nebraska) – Alternate

https://www.gymcan.org/news/details/Gymnastics-Canada-Announces-Stella-Team-Bound-for-the-2023-Artistic-Gymnastics-World-Championships-in-Antwerp-Belgium

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

The Canadian women miss the final by 0.3 :facepalm:

Luckily they've already qualified for Paris.

Ellie Black qualifies for the all around and two apparatus finals.  Aurelie Tran is also into the all around final.  

I wonder if they intentionally switched up the team to provide some experience to others. 

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

I wonder if they intentionally switched up the team to provide some experience to others. 

Possibly, but there were still some underperformances. I just hope Ellie can get an individual medal or two, and then work that into the Olympics.  

In Tokyo when Biles announced she was returning just for the balance beam I said she'd get third and push Ellie to 4th, which is exactly what happened. Fingers crossed Ellie can move up here and next year.