website statistics

Equestrian 2019 Discussion Thread

dcro

@dcro

Ever heard of 'Young Riders'? According to our local newspaper, a girl from my wonderful little hometown finished second there and I'm curious where this is on the ladder from "absolutely meaningless" to "huge deal" :p

MRtRL4F.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ever heard of 'Young Riders'? According to our local newspaper, a girl from my wonderful little hometown finished second there and I'm curious where this is on the ladder from "absolutely meaningless" to "huge deal" :p

Young riders is U21 level. And indeed, she won 3 medals at last weeks European Young Rider Championships. :)

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

:d 

Do they have international showjumping there as well? A few weeks ago we were cycling in the forests around my hometown, we got to Ermelo and suddenly passed this equestrian competition location. I think I had never been there before, but I kinda forgot how we got there :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:d 

Do they have international showjumping there as well? A few weeks ago we were cycling in the forests around my hometown, we got to Ermelo and suddenly passed this equestrian competition location. I think I had never been there before, but I kinda forgot how we got there :p 

Nothing is listed on FEI calendar, so I guess not. There could be national competitions though.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Btw, 6-year olds final is in progress in Ermelo. If there is an equestrian competition I never watch, then that would be Young Horse World Championships, but alright. :p

Visit Veluwe

jWmtDnR.png

Seriously, do :bowdown::wub: 

Dressage World Breeding Championships for Young Horses (Ermelo, NED)

Final for 5-year-old horses

:DEN Andreas Helgstrand / Jovian - 9.66

:SWE Jessica Lynn Thomas / Secret - 9.64

:DEN Andreas Helgstrand / Queenparks Wendy - 9.42

Final for 6-year old horses

:GER Frederic Wandres / Zucchero OLD - 9.66

:DEN Andreas Helgstrand / Revolution - 9.44

:DEN Andreas Helgstrand / Zhaplin Langholt - 9.34

Final for 7-year-old horses

:ESP Severo Jurado / d'Avie - 85.107%

:DEN Jan Moeller Christensen / Hesselhoej Donkey Boy - 85.021%

:NOR Isabel Freese / Total Hope OLD - 84.250%

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

What's the 'breeding' about? That always makes me sound as if it's not about regular competition, but about who is the best at breeding a good horse :p