website statistics

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread

carivan

Lev Gonov won yesterday's 5th stage of the Tour de Fuzhou, but the two 19-year old Russian teammates didn't seem to be very happy with each other (at least one did) :d 

EJ5XfGNW4AEys5c.jpg:large

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and I know Fuzhou is not exactly a great, important race, but still you don't often see Mongolian winners in pretty international races. Jambaljamats Sainbayar won today :cheer: 

EJ94YvaXsAEht6U?format=jpg&name=large

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Lev Gonov won yesterday's 5th stage of the Tour de Fuzhou, but the two 19-year old Russian teammates didn't seem to be very happy with each other (at least one did) :d 

I hope the reason for that is not: "Why didn't you let me win?!"

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oh and I know Fuzhou is not exactly a great, important race, but still you don't often see Mongolian winners in pretty international races. Jambaljamats Sainbayar won today :cheer: 

EJ94YvaXsAEht6U?format=jpg&name=large

Mongolia had a reach cyclist that one a junior track world title 2 or 3 years ago. There’s potential there for great performances. I’m pretty sure this isn’t him though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh fuck me sideways 

image0.png

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Oh fuck me sideways 

image0.png

Which classic is this road used in? I can’t believe a town would pave the sides.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Which classic is this road used in? I can’t believe a town would pave the sides.

Paris - Roubaix. It's not one of the main cobble sections, but I really hope this does not open up the way for fixing (or better, destroying) the other ones..

The man who is 90% responsible for Rwanda's slow but steady rise in cycling has burned the national federation's president to the ground in an absolutely scathing open letter :yikes: 

Couple of days later, Bayingana and all his cronies resigned :bye: 

And some typical news: Mehdi el Chokri of Morocco didn't get a new contract with NTT - the new Dimension Data, you know, the team that started out to bring African talent to the top and somehow tries to do so by kicking out Africans and contracting second-hand Europeans. He was sad and announced he'd retire...but then! A continental team from Israel offered him a contract :cheer: 

Spoiler

But nope. Much like Turkish Ahmet Orken a few years ago, nationality is probably going to stand in his way. A Moroccan riding for an Israeli team, even though both parties very much agree they'd want that...that's of course 'not done' :facepalm: