website statistics

Men's Tennis Davis Cup 2019

Totallympics

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, I have a question here; maybe it's a stupid one, but: what happens to the teams who won there t7ies in the 2-nd Euro-African group: we had Romania-Zimbabwe anmd Morocco-Lithuania this weekend, others are in September. What happens to the winners?The official site-quoted also by wikipedia, is ambiguous. Will they play anybody again this year?

• 5 months later...
En 6/4/2019 a las 12:51, yellowviper2001 dijo:

ok, I have a question here; maybe it's a stupid one, but: what happens to the teams who won there t7ies in the 2-nd Euro-African group: we had Romania-Zimbabwe anmd Morocco-Lithuania this weekend, others are in September. What happens to the winners?The official site-quoted also by wikipedia, is ambiguous. Will they play anybody again this year?

The winners get promoted, the losers get relegated.

There's plenty of action this weekend:

Group 1

Brazil vs Barbados
Venezuela vs Ecuador
Uruguay vs Dominican Republic (featuring Pablo Cuevas)

Pakistan vs India
Lebanon vs Uzbekistan
China vs South Korea

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Czech Republic
Sweden vs Israel
Finland vs Austria (featuring Dominic Thiem)
Hungary vs Ukraine
Slovakia vs Switzerland
Belarus vs Portugal

Group 2

Paraguay vs Mexico
Guaemala vs Bolivia

Indonesia vs New Zealand
Hong Kong vs Chinese Taipei

South Africa vs Bulgaria
Denmark vs Turkey
Egypt vs Slovenia
Norway vs Georgia

Meanwhile in Group 3, Greece features Stefanos Tsitsipas.

3 hours ago, NaBUru38 said:

There's plenty of action this weekend:

Group 1

Pakistan vs India

"Following an in-depth security review of the current situation in Pakistan by independent expert security advisors, the Davis Cup Committee has taken the decision to postpone the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I tie between Pakistan and India in Islamabad, due to be played on 14-15 September.

"The Committee concluded that this is an exceptional circumstance while the first priority of the ITF is the safety and security of athletes, officials and spectators.  

"The tie has been rescheduled for November, with the exact dates to be confirmed by the Committee no later than 9 September. The ITF will continue to monitor the situation in Pakistan and the Davis Cup Committee will re-convene to re-examine the security situation in advance of the tie."

Source

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

"Following an in-depth security review of the current situation in Pakistan by independent expert security advisors, the Davis Cup Committee has taken the decision to postpone the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I tie between Pakistan and India in Islamabad, due to be played on 14-15 September.

"The Committee concluded that this is an exceptional circumstance while the first priority of the ITF is the safety and security of athletes, officials and spectators.  

"The tie has been rescheduled for November, with the exact dates to be confirmed by the Committee no later than 9 September. The ITF will continue to monitor the situation in Pakistan and the Davis Cup Committee will re-convene to re-examine the security situation in advance of the tie."

Source

I'm surprised they only did so now...I mean, literally everybody in the entire world could see that was not gonna be an option..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

What's up with Davis Cup tennis suddenly starting today, on a Monday? :lol: 

Did too many people visit the matches and so they're going to have it on weekdays now or what?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!