website statistics

Boxing 2019 Discussion Thread

mihamiha

That was incredible :yikes:

I had it 98-92 Kovalev after ten rounds and the commentators mostly seemed to agree at least about Kovalev being well on his way to the win.....and then that, holy shit :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Canelo is a complete fraud as a pro boxer.

It's unfair he's winning ridiculous amount of money while other more hardworking people in Mexico barely eat.

Yeah that's how the world goes. Footballers earning millions a year, Kardashians getting filthy rich because they're famous for being famous, and so on :p 

When it's about boxers, I try and judge them as boxers, and he's a damn good one at that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Canelo is a complete fraud as a pro boxer.

It's unfair he's winning ridiculous amount of money while other more hardworking people in Mexico barely eat.

Ethically, you are 100% right.

But he is so great and talented that money he earns is well deserved. 

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Ethically, you are 100% right.

But he is so great and talented that money he earns is well deserved. 

I'm not always sure athletes do deserve the tens of millions they get :p But then again, that's how the market works. If nobody was interested, they wouldn't get paid that much

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not always sure athletes do deserve the tens of millions they get :p But then again, that's how the market works. If nobody was interested, they wouldn't get paid that much

They dont, no matter how good they are. Canelo deserves money but in this world they are way overpayed and even that is understatement. I am sport fanatic, i respect and enjoy watching every sport, but to have some footballer earning 100M, with basic education, and some physician or scientist earning small amount of that sum.... this is cruel world. 

At least Canelo is good in something. Why is Kardashians earning fortune? Like many other similar examples. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

They dont, no matter how good they are. Canelo deserves money but in this world they are way overpayed and even that is understatement. I am sport fanatic, i respect and enjoy watching every sport, but to have some footballer earning 100M, with basic education, and some physician or scientist earning small amount of that sum.... this is cruel world. 

At least Canelo is good in something. Why is Kardashians earning fortune? Like many other similar examples. :facepalm:

It's not even their fault though. I mean, if I was as good as someone like Canelo (or Cristiano Ronaldo or whoever) and I could get god knows how many millions for a fight/match/contract, I'd do it. No doubt. At all.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It's not even their fault though. I mean, if I was as good as someone like Canelo (or Cristiano Ronaldo or whoever) and I could get god knows how many millions for a fight/match/contract, I'd do it. No doubt. At all.

True, they are just exploiting contemporary standards (money and money, nothing else matters). Injustice, vast majority of world population has daily income not bigger than few euros. And athletes earn thousands of euros every minute. 

I agree. Why wouldnt we take those millions? Its not like we stole them. :)

20 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

True, they are just exploiting contemporary standards (money and money, nothing else matters). Injustice, vast majority of world population has daily income not bigger than few euros. And athletes earn thousands of euros every minute. 

I agree. Why wouldnt we take those millions? Its not like we stole them. :)

Exactly, they did not.

• 3 weeks later...