website statistics

Gulf Cooperation Council Games 2022

Totallympics

They’re using a format I haven’t seen before for at any multi-sports games for the shooting events. It’s a qualification series, followed by an elimination series, where each series is (5?) shots and they eliminate down to four people. Third place at the end of that stage gets the bronze, with the top two then heading to a head-to-head match for gold. It’s a like a combination of all the different formats we’ve over the last decade.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

They’re using a format I haven’t seen before for at any multi-sports games for the shooting events. It’s a qualification series, followed by an elimination series, where each series is (5?) shots and they eliminate down to four people. Third place at the end of that stage gets the bronze, with the top two then heading to a head-to-head match for gold. It’s a like a combination of all the different formats we’ve over the last decade.

Isn't it like inspired by the current format Only. 

18 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Isn't it like inspired by the current format directly. 

Oh, I didn’t realize the ISSF had switched formats again. I’ll need to see this format in action, but it seems a little over complicated for my liking. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh, I didn’t realize the ISSF had switched formats again. I’ll need to see this format in action, but it seems a little over complicated for my liking. 

By comparison, they’re still using the old shooting format at the Southeast Asian Games

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Lol where have you been it was changed last year itself ! It's boring ,long and unwatchable for me now and shooting was scrapped from my watchlist at least this year.