website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

On 06/05/2020 at 06:23, mrv86 said:

Hello everyone!

I rarely post some personal request but on this ocassion I will gladly appreciate if you could help me.

As you know COVID-19 pandemic has made it difficult for many people around the world, either by causing them to become ill, restricting their freedoms and of course, disrupting the economy, from the macroeconomics national level all the way down to the people's means of living.

From some time now I'm a member of a networking group, that among its ranks, features a Mariachi group. As some of you may already know, Mariachi music is one the traditional genres of Mexico and we're very proud of it.

As you may have already guessed, all their projects and presentations were put on hold, so one of the means they hope to maintain their presence is by becoming "viral", by playing their songs, some of them original pieces like the one coming on May 6th, in the virtual world. I personally like the touch they put on their performance, but of course, you'll be better judges.

To not drag this further, if it's not much to ask of your time and kindness, and of course if the Spotify and Youtube pages of Mariachi Rey are accesible in your respective countries, you could follow them and also reproduce some of its content.

Mariachi Rey on Spotify

Mariachi Rey on Youtube

Thank you very much for your attention and I really hope you like some the music.

I hit Subscribe because why not. Mariachi music isn't exactly my style, to say it like that, but I listened their Game of Thrones rendition and that was pretty cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hit Subscribe because why not. Mariachi music isn't exactly my style, to say it like that, but I listened their Game of Thrones rendition and that was pretty cool :d 

Thank you very much.

Man, BENEE has really blown up in the U.S lately. I hear her songs all over social media now. What is it with New Zealand and alternative pop girls?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hey peeps, I've released a brand new song earlier today and if you want to support my craft, feel free to have a listen.

If you follow this Spotify link, you'll add a whopping amount of 0.00437 of a cent into my music making budget:

https://open.spotify.com/track/6TclMLR4c8WrxYV0FtHjXQ?si=PMHYmX_fRlG3NoCf4F8SNQ

And if you'd rather watch a video:

This is really good @Werloc :d Did you write this yourself, or did you have a writer work with you? The concept is really clever. I can’t tell if it’s a love song or a self-reflection piece. I’m not usually a fan of love songs because it’s the easy way out lyrically, but even if this is a love song, I quite enjoy it. Is it available on Apple Music? I’d love to add it to my playlist.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is really good @Werloc :d Did you write this yourself, or did you have a writer work with you? The concept is really clever. I can’t tell if it’s a love song or a self-reflection piece. I’m not usually a fan of love songs because it’s the easy way out lyrically, but even if this is a love song, I quite enjoy it. Is it available on Apple Music? I’d love to add it to my playlist.

Don't really know what could have hinted that it's a love song. This is pretty much a song about my inner demons and my motivation issues due to the lack of belief in my own abilities and a lack of confidence. 

And yes, I wrote it myself.

Yeah, it is available on Apple Music, this should be the link:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/a-dialogue-with-my-mind-single/1511357974?uo=4&app=music&at=1001lry3&ct=dashboard

30 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Don't really know what could have hinted that it's a love song. This is pretty much a song about my inner demons and my motivation issues due to the lack of belief in my own abilities and a lack of confidence. 

And yes, I wrote it myself.

Yeah, it is available on Apple Music, this should be the link:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/a-dialogue-with-my-mind-single/1511357974?uo=4&app=music&at=1001lry3&ct=dashboard

I was just a little confused at the beginning of the song. It’s probably because it was my first listen or two through it. Plus, it is a dialogue, so until I understood the premise more, it wasn’t as obvious. 

Well, it’s super clever, so congrats. I really like that main refrain dialogue. That part is awesome. 

You have a great vocal range in this price too. 

You’ve made my storied main playlist :d (Right in between AWOLNATION and George Ezra)