website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

I almost forgot to post the other Hungarian "finalists" who were considered for TISC.

I came up with an arbitrary rule for my TISC selection: go with a song for Annual that was at least a smaller hit in the country because it should represent the year in Hungarian music, and keep the more obscure songs for Open. Well, still, one of the songs is relatively obscure, because the hit songs were kinda weak/meh in Hungary last year with a few exceptions. Anyway, these were the songs that came close to participating (well, not that close, "Mostantól", the Hungarian entry, sort of had it in the bag after it became a huge hit in Hungary).

This was maybe an even bigger hit than "Mostantól" in Hungary, but it was more than one year old by the time of TISC, and I was tired of it.

One of the largest Hungarian pop collaborations with many famous artists, including ESC participants Magdi Rúzsa (ESC 2007, 9th), Kati Wolf (ESC 2011, 22th), and Freddie (ESC 2016, 19th), and our top TISC participant Bea Palya (TISC Open 2019, 4th). It was a song made for the documentary about Juli Fábián (the first ever Hungarian TISC participant), who tragically died of cancer 3 years ago, she was only 37 years old. 

And because I couldn't find many hit songs that I liked, this was also on the final list. It's just fun. :d

Apashe’s new album is some damn good art. I’m not really a fan of EDM, but this is art.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

That Serhat song was fantastic :d Plus I've heard from some people who got to go backstage in the big preshow and talk to the artists that Serhat without doubt comes across as one of the nicest and friendliest people out there :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!