website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

Just now, hckosice said:

My todays "good old Italian Ska" mood.

had a terrible need today to listen it again in my car when returning from work

Nice :thumbup:

I sometimes listen to a German ska-rock band named Evil Cavies. Don't know if you have heard about them?

Here are a couple of the songs I listen to from them:

At an REO Speedwagon concert currently:yes. The musics old, but I know of few songs I like.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I like to surf Apple Music’s Top 100 lists every once in a while because they make a list for every country, and I mean every country. This week it seems like the entire world has fallen in love with:

Except for a few odd outliers, like Scandinavia and the Baltic States (which no offense are practically part of Scandinavia nowadays), which like this song:

But my favorite outlier so far has been Poland. I don’t what to say about this one. We’d call it a “bop” or “boof” or “smack” in the US. I have no clue what the lyrics are, so maybe @Vojthas or @Monzanator could help me understand what the hell this song is:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In Poland it's called disco polo, basically old school hi-NRG disco that breaths italo disco from the 80s. Can't stand this trash but it's popular again over here (the first wave was in the 90s during the eurodance explosion in Europe). Anyway, the song is called "She would have wanted this" and 'this' means smoking pot, dancing, counting money and having sex (a lot of sex) :rolleyes:

Tbh this is the first time I hear this particular song and I feel like I wasted 3 minutes of my life now :lol:

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

In Poland it's called disco polo, basically old school hi-NRG disco that breaths italo disco from the 80s. Can't stand this trash but it's popular again over here (the first wave was in the 90s during the eurodance explosion in Europe). Anyway, the song is called "She would have wanted this" and 'this' means smoking pot, dancing, counting money and having sex (a lot of sex) :rolleyes:

Tbh this is the first time I hear this particular song and I feel like I wasted 3 minutes of my life now :lol:

I guessed so, so I didn't even played this sh**. But I need to correct you - as far as disco polo rose from eurodisco (Modern Talking, Sandra, Sabrina, Samantha Fox) and italo disco (Francesco Napoli, Ricchi e Poveri) these were far more bearable - in fact I would say I really like them. Even in Poland we had an eurodisco band - Papa Dance, they're really bearable for me, though it might look like the start of disco polo.

Most of the disco polo lyrics are:"She is here and dances for me", "Polka dot panties", "I'd like to soap you with the Fa soap".... MY GOD, WHERE FROM DO I KNOW ALL THAT?!

7 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I guessed so, so I didn't even played this sh**. But I need to correct you - as far as disco polo rose from eurodisco (Modern Talking, Sandra, Sabrina, Samantha Fox) and italo disco (Francesco Napoli, Ricchi e Poveri) these were far more bearable - in fact I would say I really like them. Even in Poland we had an eurodisco band - Papa Dance, they're really bearable for me, though it might look like the start of disco polo.

Most of the disco polo lyrics are:"She is here and dances for me", "Polka dot panties", "I'd like to soap you with the Fa soap".... MY GOD, WHERE FROM DO I KNOW ALL THAT?!

Don't have to tell me that, I played 2 Unlimited, Ice MC or Captain Hollywood Project on my old school Grundig cassette recorder :lol:

• 3 weeks later...