website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

Here comes a list of my top 20 guilty pleasures

How I define a guilty pleasure; A song you enjoy, but it’s hard to admit to others you like it.

If you listen to my top 10 songs of the year 2018, you will find out I prefer a certain genre of music. These songs are not from the same genre as those on my top 10 favourite 2018 songs list.

Some of the criteria for the list:

• 1 song per artist.
  • The ranking of the list is a combination of personal taste and the amount of times I have listened to the song on Youtube or Spotify.

Enjoy!

20:

Spoiler

I will only mention one thing, "Space Jam".

R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly

19:

Spoiler

After listening to this song, you will be in a good mood. :)

MIKA - We Are Golden

18:

Spoiler

Is it okay for a 23-year-old man to enjoy this? Well I don´t care because I love this song. I listen to many of Taylor Swift´s earliest singles, which I find much better than her more recent ones. I like the country vibe of many of her early songs, and this may not be so country-ish, but the song is, anyhow, still good. 

Taylor Swift - Love Story

17:

Spoiler

Why go outside when you instead can stay inside and enjoy this classic from a pop legend. 

George Michael - Outside

16:

Spoiler

Europe did not let you down in 90´s when it came to electronic dance music. This song from the Danish duo, Toy-Box, is a catchy eurodance tune. However, I can´t look at one of our tv-presenters the same way after seeing this. (She is one of the dancers touching "Tarzan"´s body.)

Toy-Box - Tarzan & Jane

15:

Spoiler

As any middle class child born in Europe or America, Disney Channel has been part of my childhood.  Bridget Mendler has, like many, turned her acting career at Disney´s into a music career.  This is her single "Ready or not". Like many other modern pop song there is a rapping part in it, but for once, it is the singer doing the rap. Ready or not, here is her song. 

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not

14:

Spoiler

Find your inner spirit animal and ROAR. This is one of many of Katy Perry´s songs I enjoy. The only logical thing you want to do, when you listen to this song,  is to roar together with Katy. 

Katy Perry - Roar

13:

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes. :wub:  Nothing more is needed to be said. 

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

12:

Spoiler

Nickelodeon´s own boyband. I remember spending many hours watching this show. This is maybe why the song has stuck in my head for so many years? This will not be the last boyband on my list, so be prepared. 

Big Time Rush - Theme Song

11:

Spoiler

Is this a boyband or boy group? It doesn´t really matter for the song. Some of you are probably more familiar with the cover version by the Jonas Brothers, but in my opinion, nothing beats the original. By the way, it sounds like some crazy stuff is going on in the year 3000.

Busted - Year 3000

10:

Spoiler

This song has many elements I hate, repetition of the same word in the chorus, random rap part, very sexualised lyrics, but still I enjoy it very much. 

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home ft. Ty Dolla $ign

9:

Spoiler

I´m too young to have seen or heard about all that Take That fuzz in the 90´s, but when they were reunited in 2006, I fairly enjoyed many of their songs. I looked back to their songs in 90

s and discovered this treasure. It haven´t let go since. So I will now bring this song back for good. 

Take That - Back for Good

8:

Spoiler

What can I say, I have a soft spot for boybands. You can´t have a list with so many boybands without having "the one". (You can shout all you want N sync-fans. There is only one super boyband group, and that is the Backstreet Boys.)

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way

7:

Spoiler

It was this or "Baby one more time".

I´m on team Britney. Go home team Christina! Christina was okay, but Britney was the true teen star in the early 00´s 

Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again

6:

Spoiler

Yes, I know. Either you like or hate this song. Well you can likely guess which side I´m on. Though, I will say two things against it. Bieber´s hair. How could this hair style have been a thing? Secondly, what is a grown ass rapper doing in a song sung by a 15-year-old about his first love? 

Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris

5:

Spoiler

I have no idea why I like this song? The lyrics are awful! Sometimes you can´t explain why you like some songs, and this is one those.

Iggy Azalea - Fancy ft. Charli XCX 

4:

Spoiler

Opposite of "Year 3000", I here prefer Westlife´s cover version of Billy Joel´s "Uptown Girl". I can´t say why that is. Maybe it is some of that Irish charm that has struck me? :wub:

Westlife - Uptown Girl

3:

Spoiler

I discovered this song a couple of years ago and it has been on repeat since. Like many other songs on the list, I can´t pin point why I like this song? The lyrics is okay for a modern pop song. The only thing I can say is to plug in your  headphones, lean back, and enjoy this tune. 

Kylie Minogue - Into The Blue

2:

Spoiler

Oh Nickelodeon, what would I have done if you were not there? (Probably been more outside in my summer vacation, but who likes to be outside when you can be inside watching nickelodeon shows) The show was okay, but the main thing I looked forward to was the intro song. It´s so catchy. 

Victoria Justice - Make it shine

Spoiler
Spoiler

1:

Spoiler

My queen. :wub: This song is on constant repeat in December (Also a lot outside of December.) All I want for Christmas is to hear this song, and 90´s Mariah Carey. :wub:

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

@wumo26 Nice idea and some definite guilty pleasures of mine there too. I mean, the Backstreet Boys’ “I Want It That Way” is just impossible not to sing along to and a great song :thumbup:

Might do my own version of this list but would need to do put my brain to work and that ain’t happening this evening :d

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

Here comes a list of my top 20 guilty pleasures

How I define a guilty pleasure; A song you enjoy, but it’s hard to admit to others you like it.

If you listen to my top 10 songs of the year 2018, you will find out I prefer a certain genre of music. These songs are not from the same genre as those on my top 10 favourite 2018 songs list.

Some of the criteria for the list:

• 1 song per artist.
  • The ranking of the list is a combination of personal taste and the amount of times I have listened to the song on Youtube or Spotify.

Enjoy!

A few comments :p

1: Agree about half the songs. Most are mainly songs that I always "sing" along to at parties, where plenty of those are classics (especially Year 3000 seems to only exist at parties)

2: Having a good friend who's 28 but still loves Taylor Swift. Sure you can :p 

3: Good old Toy-box

4: Disney Channel wasn't really that much a part of my childhood. More Cartoon Network... ;) 

5: Perfectly normal to like boy bands. I've even performed with a cover of "Everybody" :p 

Personally my main guilty pleasure would be Meatloaf...

favourite Music 1984

[ESC-style]

:CAN  :FRA  :GER  :GBR  :GUY  :IRL  1984   :ITA  :NED  :POL  :ESP  :SWE  :USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jal8pv.png

Spoiler

ℂ???? ℍ???                                   :CAN

Sunglasses At Night

Spoiler

?????? ???????                          :GUY

Black Pepper

Spoiler

???? ???                                     :ESP

La Colegiala

Spoiler

?????????                                   :NED

Woodpeckers From Space

Spoiler

?????? ?????????                   :SWE

Icarus' Dream Suite Op. 4

Spoiler

?-ℝ?? ℙ??                                     :FRA

L'Eurasienne

Spoiler

ℂ??????                                       :IRL

Robin (The Hooded Man)

Spoiler

??????????                                   :GER

Big In Japan

Spoiler

?????                                          :POL

Jej Wspomnienie

Spoiler

????? & ????????                         :ITA

I Treni Di Tozeur

Spoiler

ℝ?? ℙ????? ??.                             :USA

Ghostbusters

Spoiler

ℕ?? ???????                               :GBR

The Riddle

Next up is my list for 1984 in which I've got my two favourite songs of the year with a big gap ahead of anything else. Speaking of which, it took me some time to really find 12 different entries for this year. 

First appearances for Canada, Guyana and Spain.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

favourite Music 1979

[ESC-style]

:CAN  :DEN  :FRA  :GBR  :ISL  :ITA  1979 :POL  :SRB  :RSA  :SWE  :USA  :VEN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7PZn7DZ.png

Spoiler

▶ ℂ????                                             :RSA

Under Fire

Spoiler

▶ ?'????                                          :VEN

Love Maniac

Spoiler

▶ ℝ????? ℂ????                                :SRB

Egoista

Spoiler

▶ ??? ??????                                 :DEN

Monkeymand

Spoiler

▶ ?????                                          :CAN

God Is A Machine

Spoiler

▶ ℙ???? ????? ?????                     :USA

Dancing Barefoot

Spoiler

▶ ? ????? ?? ?????? ????????        :ITA

Verona Beat

Spoiler

▶ ??? ?? ??                                    :ISL

Í Reykjavíkurborg

Spoiler

▶ ????? & ?????                            :POL

Pieśń Solvejgi

Spoiler

▶ ????? ??????                                :GBR

Wi' My Dog And Gun

Spoiler

▶ ?????? ????????                         :FRA

Que Sera Mi Vida (If You Should Go)

Spoiler

▶ ????                                             :SWE

Does Your Mother Know

This time we step into the disco era but with some other stuff as well.

First-time entries: Denmark, Venezuela and Serbia (technically Yugoslavia but I treat non-existent nations non-existent in my list as well and they are a Serbian band anyway).

Statistics

Spoiler

Artists with more than 1 appearance

/

Titles with more than 1 appearance

/

Total points after 5 years

1. Great Britain :GBR GBR - 51 Points

2. United States :USA USA - 46 Points

3. Italy :ITA ITA - 36 Points

4. France :FRA FRA - 29 Points

4. Sweden :SWE SWE - 29 Points

6. Poland :POL POL - 18 Points

7. Germany :GER GER - 17 Points

8. India :IND IND - 15 Points

9. Iceland :ISL ISL - 13 Points

9. Ireland :IRL IRL - 13 Points

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 weeks later...

Guilty pleasure since last month or so :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...