website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The Canada vs. Iran match will be important for us. That 11th world ranking spot will be very important for Olympic qualification.

Unless Russia gets banned for 2024 then 12th will be fine.

I know Canada is not playing good as well (they could lose to Australia) but this Iran team is the worst we had in last 15 years ago. I highly doubt Canada doesn't win that match.

by losing next 7 matches (which is my expectation and of course I hope I'm wrong) Iran will lose lots of points and will fall behind in the ranking. I believe the Olympic qualification is already done for Iran. :cry: actually it happened right when they appointed this disastrous coach, it still makes me laugh that some people would actually think this guy can deliver in the highest level of competition. it's like having a high school teacher among professors. firing him tonight is better than next week, I hope losing next 7 matches will be enough to get him sacked but I'm afraid they are going to keep him for the World Championship. :cry:

I believe you have to battle with Cuba, Slovenia (which is playing very bad as well), Netherlands and Germany for the Olympic quota. Cuba is gathering a very strong team this year. they are going to become a top 8 team once again.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I know Canada is not playing good as well (they could lose to Australia) but this Iran team is the worst we had in last 15 years ago. I highly doubt Canada doesn't win that match.

by losing next 7 matches (which is my expectation and of course I hope I'm wrong) Iran will lose lots of points and will fall behind in the ranking. I believe the Olympic qualification is already done for Iran. :cry: actually it happened right when they appointed this disastrous coach, it still makes me laugh that some people would actually think this guy can deliver in the highest level of competition. it's like having a high school teacher among professors. firing him tonight is better than next week, I hope losing next 7 matches will be enough to get him sacked but I'm afraid they are going to keep him for the World Championship. :cry:

I believe you have to battle with Cuba, Slovenia (which is playing very bad as well), Netherlands and Germany for the Olympic quota. Cuba is gathering a very strong team this year. they are going to become a top 8 team once again.

Canada's team is very new and inexperienced. A lot of the team retired after Tokyo.

38 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Canada's team is very new and inexperienced. A lot of the team retired after Tokyo.

are Bann and Perrin retired ? I thought they just took a break. :mumble: Perrin was in Iran for a club tournament few weeks ago though. what about both setters ? Blenkenau and Sanders

Iran is also an entirely different team now, only 2 players from the Olympic squad are here in Bulgaria. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

are Bann and Perrin retired ? I thought they just took a break. :mumble: Perrin was in Iran for a club tournament few weeks ago though. what about both setters ? Blenkenau and Sanders

Iran is also an entirely different team now, only 2 players from the Olympic squad are here in Bulgaria. :facepalm:

Perrin is retired from the NT and I believe Blankenau is retired from the sport. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 4:37 AM, MHSN said:

:lol::d

everything has changed since I wrote this comment, Iran became a completely different team and beat USA, Canada and Poland to make up for all of those lost ranking points.

I know it's still a tough task to stay in top 10-11 in the ranking to qualify for the Olympics but at least we are not hopeless anymore.

even if they lose next 3 matches, 5 wins is already much better than my expectations. good to see we still can challenge top teams even with this new squad.

• 3 weeks later...