website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

5 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

This is what Boe has said about the decision to split;

- It is a long marriage that ends here. I think we still have very much to offer in badminton, but you do not have to be Edison to see that the result the last half year or so has not gone very well.

- We have had good and positive talks about what has to happen, and we have tried to figure out a solution. We think something has been lacking, and therefore, it will probably be the best option to try something new. 

- We have had a good dialogue about it, and we partly agree, I would say. Of course this is not easy for any of us. It's an extremely difficult decision and a tough talk, but I believe it's the best for both of us, and that it can breathe more motivation and life into our careers, says Mathias Boe.

Mogensen has not comment on their decision. 

Lastly, Boe says they are still friends outside the court, but as described above, their play doesn't work anymore and they can't seem to develop it. 

You are right. Both of them are old and their partnership do not seem to make them move forward. Hence a change of partnership could be good. But is this two newly formed MD partnership are for the long term planning?

@wumo26

Well I can smell that something has gone rotten inside Denmark badminton. What I mean is the badminton association is very problematic. I hope the association can sort things out well with the players' under them.

What about Mads / Mads? Both of them just don't mind splitting?

30 minutes ago, up and down said:

You are right. Both of them are old and their partnership do not seem to make them move forward. Hence a change of partnership could be good. But is this two newly formed MD partnership are for the long term planning?

Well, Boe and Mogensen are not young, so the new partneships will probably only last to Tokyo 2020. Boe and Mogensen will probably retire after that. 

The Olympics are the most important thing for Badminton players and national associations. The players and BD  think both pairs needed to try something new to improve their results. 

27 minutes ago, up and down said:

@wumo26

Well I can smell that something has gone rotten inside Denmark badminton. What I mean is the badminton association is very problematic. I hope the association can sort things out well with the players' under them.

What about Mads / Mads? Both of them just don't mind splitting?

There has certainly been a lot of drama in Danish badminton these last months. 

Conrad has commented on this a couple of days ago:

Question from the journalist:

In the fall you went from a long-standing partnership. There seemed to be some issues and now you are back in a new partnership. What do you think about all the things going on right now in the MD?

Conrad's answer:

- It's actually what I've been good at keeping myself out of. But there has been more at stake than I have been aware of. I am now going back to a life with the people I appreciate training with and being around. We must find out the small things that had to be between us and our former partners. I have no outstanding with Kolding on the personal level, but we might need to sit together and have it all talked through. For me it was the right decision when I took a break.

Why didn't you start up with Kolding again? After all, you have experience together and know each other?

Conrad's answer:

- I think we both need to try something new. I can feel that I need to try something new. But in addition, I don't really have so many comments on it. I have to talk to Kolding myself under four eyes when I get home.

Kolding has yet to say anything. It seems that Kolding don't quite understand the decision, but of course, it's difficult to say what it's going on between the two of them. 

Edited by wumo26

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

Well, Boe and Mogensen are not young, so the new partneships will probably only last to Tokyo 2020. Boe and Mogensen will probably retire after that. 

The Olympics are the most important thing for Badminton players and national associations. The players and BD  think both pairs needed to try something new to improve their results. 

There has certainly been a lot of drama in Danish badminton these last months. 

Conrad has commented on this a couple of days ago:

In the fall you went from a long-standing partnership. There seemed to be some issues and now you are back in a new partnership. What do you think about all the things going on right now in the MD?

Conrad's answer:

- It's actually what I've been good at keeping myself out of. But there has been more at stake than I have been aware of. I am now going back to a life with the people I appreciate training with and being around. We must find out the small things that had to be between us and our former partners. I have no outstanding with Kolding on the personal level, but we might need to sit together and have it all talked through. For me it was the right decision when I took a break.

Why didn't you start up with Kolding again? After all, you have experience together and know each other?

Conrad's answer:

- I think we both need to try something new. I can feel that I need to try something new. But in addition, I don't really have so many comments on it. I have to talk to Kolding myself under four eyes when I get home.

Kolding has yet to say anything. It seems that Kolding don't quite understand the decision, but of course, it's difficult to say what it's going on between the two of them. 

So things are still very messy till now is it?

1 minute ago, up and down said:

So things are still very messy till now is it?

Yeah it is. But with the new agreement between BD and the players, and when the whole drama about the new partnerships in the MD is over, Danish badminton can finally focus on the WCH and the qualication to Tokyo 2020. I'm still positve about the next couple years towards Tokyo 2020 for Danish badminton. 

8 minutes ago, up and down said:

What about Nicholas Nohr and Sara Thygesen? Their XD partnership split as well?

@wumo26

Sara has been injured, but they will play All-England together. 

https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=035C09CF-D0E7-47DB-A774-8634B0CC5E7B&draw=5

42 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Yeah it is. But with the new agreement between BD and the players, and when the whole drama about the new partnerships in the MD is over, Danish badminton can finally focus on the WCH and the qualication to Tokyo 2020. I'm still positve about the next couple years towards Tokyo 2020 for Danish badminton. 

Sara has been injured, but they will play All-England together. 

https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=035C09CF-D0E7-47DB-A774-8634B0CC5E7B&draw=5

Alright thank you so much for your information.