website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

14 hours ago, up and down said:

@Function CR Lee

Actually I am quite curious to know why many China ex badminton players have left China at a very young age of early twenties and went overseas to other country? Any reason to it?

A lot of them went to Singapore, some to Australia, some to Hong Kong, also we have quite a number in America and many more.

The players immigrating to Singapore and the United States should be personal family reasons. The players who went to Hong Kong were purely no place in the national team.

In fact, Chinese athletes immigrated to Australia quite a lot. The diving player Qin Fan (Esther Qin)went with her parents.

On 20 February 2019 01:13:34 at 01:13, up and down said:

@Function CR Lee

I have this piece of news to share with you. Seems like it is true that Bao Yixin and Tang Jinhua have both reunited as a coach in Australia.

Australia for the next stage in her career. The former world #1 left China’s national badminton team in 2017.

Both Tang Yuanting and Bao Yixin were expected to be among China’s key players in this Tokyo Olympic cycle, but they left the national team in 2016 and 2017 respectively. The duo won the 2015 All England Championship in their first tournament together and were slated to reunite for the 2016 Denmark Open. The plan was shattered when Tang Yuanting left China’s team after Rio Olympics.

However, their reunion will be taking place not in Denmark, nor in their home country, but in Australia. Coincidentally, the ex-badminton partner chose Australia as their next career advancement location. Like Tang before her, Bao Yixin will be making her return as a badminton coach rather than as a player.  According to an announcement on the Facebook page of Australia’s National Badminton Centre, Bao Yixin will be coaching elite training and adult group lessons.  Late last year, it was announced that Tang Yuanting had joined the centre as coach in their junior programme.

I seriously consulted relevant people, Tang Jinhua is still in China, and Bao Yixin is attending university.

Tang Jinhua was stunned and sent to the hospital during the Danish competition in October last year. The diagnosis was stomach bleeding, which was not fully recovered at the beginning of this year. She has participated in the China Badminton Super League without systematic training and is still actively recovering.

44 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

I seriously consulted relevant people, Tang Jinhua is still in China, and Bao Yixin is attending university.

Tang Jinhua was stunned and sent to the hospital during the Danish competition in October last year. The diagnosis was stomach bleeding, which was not fully recovered at the beginning of this year. She has participated in the China Badminton Super League without systematic training and is still actively recovering.

Sorry my typing mistakes. I am referring to Tang Yuanting and not Tang Jinhua. So sorry.

12 hours ago, Function CR Lee said:

This is unbelievable ,Tang Jinhua has participated in the badminton super league in China at the beginning of the year.

Sorry it is my typing error here. The article said Tang Yuanting. I typed Tang Yuanting name wrongly as Tang Jinhua. Sorry typing error here. I did not even realize I typed the name wrongly until I saw your message. Sorry about it.

12 hours ago, Function CR Lee said:

The players immigrating to Singapore and the United States should be personal family reasons. The players who went to Hong Kong were purely no place in the national team.

In fact, Chinese athletes immigrated to Australia quite a lot. The diving player Qin Fan (Esther Qin)went with her parents.

Thank you so much for your information.

This is the news I found online about Bao Yixin and Tang Yuanting reunion together as a coach in Australia.

Following in the footsteps of Tang Yuanting, Bao Yixin has decided to move to Australia for the next stage in her career. The former world #1 left China’s national badminton team in 2017.

Both Tang Yuanting and Bao Yixin were expected to be among China’s key players in this Tokyo Olympic cycle, but they left the national team in 2016 and 2017 respectively. The duo won the 2015 All England Championship in their first tournament together and were slated to reunite for the 2016 Denmark Open. The plan was shattered when Tang Yuanting left China’s team after Rio Olympics.

However, their reunion will be taking place not in Denmark, nor in their home country, but in Australia. Coincidentally, the ex-badminton partner choose Australia as their next career advancement location. Like Tang before her, Bao Yixin will be making her return as a badminton coach rather than as a player. According to an announcement on the Facebook page of Australia’s National Badminton Centre, Bao Yixin will be coaching elite training and adult group lessons. Late last year, it was announced that Tang Yuanting had joined the centre as coach in their junior programme.

6 minutes ago, up and down said:

@Function CR Lee

I read news stating that Bao Yixin has joined Tang Yuanting in Australia. So does it mean that Bao Yixin is now studying in Australia just like Tang Yuanting and become a coach there?

The Chinese media reported this incident in August last year and interviewed Bao Yixin.

Bao Yixin, who is in Sydney, is very busy. She needs to learn English in the daytime. In the evening, in order to cope with the high price of Australia, she will go to the local badminton club to teach. “This kind of experience allows me to exercise myself and get the living expenses I need. My students are adults or young players. Many of them only speak English, so they are also with them. It is very helpful to improve my English," said Bao Yixin.

It is such a world champion of work-study, when pursuing her dreams, she still encounters some seemingly absurd gossips. Previously, there was a media report that "Bao Yixin will join the Australian national team as a coach". Rumor has it that Bao Yixin, who has always been cheerful and optimistic, is serious in a moment. "I just want to experience life abroad and learn language in Sydney. Now I just teach some students to play in an ordinary badminton club. Where is the Australian national team? I don't know!"

Just now, Function CR Lee said:

The Chinese media reported this incident in August last year and interviewed Bao Yixin.

Bao Yixin, who is in Sydney, is very busy. She needs to learn English in the daytime. In the evening, in order to cope with the high price of Australia, she will go to the local badminton club to teach. “This kind of experience allows me to exercise myself and get the living expenses I need. My students are adults or young players. Many of them only speak English, so they are also with them. It is very helpful to improve my English," said Bao Yixin.

It is such a world champion of work-study, when pursuing her dreams, she still encounters some seemingly absurd gossips. Previously, there was a media report that "Bao Yixin will join the Australian national team as a coach". Rumor has it that Bao Yixin, who has always been cheerful and optimistic, is serious in a moment. "I just want to experience life abroad and learn language in Sydney. Now I just teach some students to play in an ordinary badminton club. Where is the Australian national team? I don't know!"

So it is correct then?

1 minute ago, Function CR Lee said:

So both Tang Yuanting and Bao Yixin have become coaches in Australia while studying there right?