website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

Link to article about Mia: http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-02-14-blichfeldt-er-overrasket-over-hvordan-hun-er-blevet-behandlet.

5 minutes ago, up and down said:

Actually I pity Danish players a lot because so much of drama inside the association itself hampering the players progress. I still remember the proud moment of Anders Antonsen defeating Kento Momota in the finals. Then after he won there is no coach and no one near to him so he just turn to the crowd. Such sad feeling for a player to win a Super Series MS title but no coach with him.

Indeed sad for Antonsen, but he's one our future stars indeed.

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

But then funny thing here is why Boe did not want to train together with Mogensen? What is hindering them to train together in Denmark?

Boe and Mogensen will still train together when Boe is in Denmark. They are still partners, but they are no longer part of the elite program and will not be provided coaches or training facilities by Badminton Denmark. 

About the Badminton Denmark and Yonex Japan case, I can't say much more about that case. It will be up to lawyers to solve this if Yonex Japan really think one of their document has been tampered with. 

@up and down Do you have more questions? 

2 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Link to article about Mia: http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-02-14-blichfeldt-er-overrasket-over-hvordan-hun-er-blevet-behandlet.

Boe and Mogensen will still train together when Boe is in Denmark. They are still partners, but they are no longer part of the elite program and will not be provided coaches or training facilities by Badminton Denmark. 

About the Badminton Denmark and Yonex Japan case, I can't say much more about that case. It will be up to lawyers to solve this if Yonex Japan really think one of their document has been tampered with. 

Yes I have lots and lots of question here. It seems that YONEX JAPAN  is very unhappy about it and may want to terminate their sponsorship for those Danish players sponsored by them.

5 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Do you think YONEX JAPAN  might terminate the sponsorship for Danish players? Then why did Bo Jensen tampered with the documents in the first place?

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

Do you think YONEX JAPAN  might terminate the sponsorship for Danish players? Then why did Bo Jensen tampered with the documents in the first place?

I do not know.  It has been about two weeks ago this story came out in Danish medias and nothing new has been published about this case. So I guess they, Yonex Japan, are either working on a lawsuit against Badminton Denmark or they have dropped their accusation. 

I can't find any more information about this conflict, and my sources don't know more at the moment. We just have to wait and see what happens.

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

I do not know.  It has been about two weeks ago this story came out in Danish medias and nothing new has been published about this case. So I guess they, Yonex Japan, are either working on a lawsuit against Badminton Denmark or they have dropped their accusation. 

I can't find any more information about this conflict, and my sources don't know more at the moment. We just have to wait and see what happens.

Yes this is a very sad case as well. Seems like YONEX JAPAN felt cheated in the process. Yes you are right. YONEX JAPAN is preparing their lawyers and they want to sue Badminton Denmark for the fraud and cheating case. I think you know JAPAN is a very strict country and they really do things following the laws right?

4 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Interesting part here is this. Did you realise it? Eventually Danish team is sponsored by YONEX right? So why is it in year 2017 that Danish Badminton Association went on to change the Danish national team official sponsorship to Victor? What is the reason behind such a drastic move?

7 minutes ago, up and down said:

Yes this is a very sad case as well. Seems like YONEX JAPAN felt cheated in the process. Yes you are right. YONEX JAPAN is preparing their lawyers and they want to sue Badminton Denmark for the fraud and cheating case. I think you know JAPAN is a very strict country and they really do things following the laws right?

I'm not reading any Japanese medias, so I do not know how far they are in the process. You are probably reading more Asian medias than I do. 

6 minutes ago, up and down said:

Interesting part here is this. Did you realise it? Eventually Danish team is sponsored by YONEX right? So why is it in year 2017 that Danish Badminton Association went on to change the Danish national team official sponsorship to Victor? What is the reason behind such a drastic move?

At the moment YONEX is sponsor for many of the players on the national team, though not all. (I do not know which players who has a sponsorship deal with YONEX) 

I can't remember the case between Viktor and Badminton Denmark. Viktor has not been part of the national team for a couple of years, but he has agreed to be part of the new sponsorship deal. That is why he is part of the Danish team for the Mixed European Championship. 

16 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I'm not reading any Japanese medias, so I do not know how far they are in the process. You are probably reading more Asian medias than I do. 

At the moment YONEX is sponsor for many of the players on the national team, though not all. (I do not know which players who has a sponsorship deal with YONEX) 

I can't remember the case between Viktor and Badminton Denmark. Viktor has not been part of the national team for a couple of years, but he has agreed to be part of the new sponsorship deal. That is why he is part of the Danish team for the Mixed European Championship. 

Well it is kind of rather messy over there in Denmark.

Just now, wumo26 said:

As Shakespeare wrote, "There is something rotten in the state of Denmark". :p

Somehow I am very curious to know how come so many bad things happen inside Denmark badminton? Did Steen Pedersen left Denmark coaching bench to become commentators for BWF because of all the mess?