website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

4 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

5 wins in "low" level meetings, not worthy of an headline like that :)

Improving the English and improving the headlines, some feedback for the website :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Update on Ghafoor: some more news is now known, not all official but pretty much clear.

1. She was caught when driving to Germany. She was stopped, officiers didn't trust her 'I'm going to train in Düsseldorf' and asked for her luggage.
2. In the back of the car were bags and boxes, according to her filled with shoes. In reality, it was packages wrapped in aluminum foil, filled with drugs.
3. They found 25 packages, a total of 50kg, mixed between crystal meth and xtc.
4. Dutch athletics federation said Ghafoor won't be able to compete for now 'due to personal issues'.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/nederlandse-atlete-gepakt-met-50-kilo-drugs~a99ea15b/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What a weird situation, why would a professional athlete smuggle drugs like that. I know little about where and with whom she trains, but this must be crazy news for her coach and training partners. And the 4x400M relay team too.

This Friday-Saturday, the Lithuanian Championships are going to start with every big name on the startlist, except Airinė Palšytė that's out with an injury for the time being. I won't be able to catch a minute of it, so I'll update on Sunday if anything noteworthy happens.

Edited by Werloc

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Update on Ghafoor: some more news is now known, not all official but pretty much clear.

1. She was caught when driving to Germany. She was stopped, officiers didn't trust her 'I'm going to train in Düsseldorf' and asked for her luggage.
2. In the back of the car were bags and boxes, according to her filled with shoes. In reality, it was packages wrapped in aluminum foil, filled with drugs.
4. Dutch athletics federation said Ghafoor won't be able to compete for now 'due to personal issues'.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/nederlandse-atlete-gepakt-met-50-kilo-drugs~a99ea15b/

it reminds me the Collinelli story before the Sydney Games...he was caught at the Italian - Swiss border with his car full of drugs (in his case they were PEDs like EPO and HGH, but still)...:facepalm:

but in my scale of justice, Ghafoor's crime is a lot worse, as that fuc*in' shit she was carrying kills other people, not just herself...:thumbdown::redcard:

Edited by phelps

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

She may have been moving @Sindo‘s product. I mean have you seen his avatar.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

it reminds me the Collinelli story before the Sydney Games...he was caught at the Italian - Swiss border with his car full of drugs (in his case they were PEDs like EPO and HGH, but still)...:facepalm:

but in my scale of justice, Ghafoor's crime is a lot worse, as that fuc*in' shit she was carrying kills other people, not just herself...:thumbdown::redcard:

Well yeah obviously, instead of a huge cheater this is just hardcore criminal shit :lol: :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

She may have been moving @Sindo‘s product. I mean have you seen his avatar.

Could you perhaps not implicate the administrator of our beloved forum in an international drugs smuggling ring?

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Could you perhaps not implicate the administrator of our beloved forum in an international drugs smuggling ring?

No. :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela