website statistics

Athletics 2019 Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

It’s just a sad, sad situation (and not one helped by are medical system). I had the privilege of watching her run at the 2016 Olympic Trials and she was always positive and fun to watch. She will be missed by the track community.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In four hours, President's cup, pretty much a Baltic championship when you send 2 athletes from your country in every discipline is going to start. Of course, expecting some WCH and maybe OG standards to be met today and going to update if anything good happens.

First strong result of the day, everybody's beloved Dovilė Dzindzaletaitė jumped 14.26 on the third attempt, WCH standard, 6cm off of an Olympic standard and I just checked, a new Lithuanian National Record by 3 centimetres!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Three more attempts to go, don't know the legitimacy of the wind, will have to update in a bit, I guess.

OH MY GOD I'M QUAKING :yikes:

Liveta Jasiūnaitė :LTU just broke the Lithuanian Javelin Throw record from 2007, with a throw of 63.98 (2 centimetres off of Olympic Quota) :champion: She just showed that that European Championships bronze medal was no fluke and that she is a real deal.

Madara Palameika of Latvia ended up in second with 62.16 and Liina Laasma of Estonia finished third with 60.78

Well, Lithuania crushed the 1st day of the President's Cup, although, Estonia is leading in the team standings:

Screenshot (423).png

Two national records for Lithuania and a good performance from Edis as well, their results are top three after the first day. It's interesting that out of the top 10 results, 5 of them are from Javelin Throw, two from High Jump and Long Jump and lastly one from Triple Jump. This is pretty much proof that the Baltics ain't runners :lol: