website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

Congratulations :ESP. Wasn't able to watch the match, but that final score looks impressive. :yes

Should be an exciting final on Sunday. No idea who will win that one. Both teams have never won the World Championships, so there will most likely be a lot of nerves on either side. 

I expected a :NOR - :RUS final :lol:. So I won't share my predictions for next Sunday.

1 uur terug, Vektor zei:

So basically if everything goes as expected the teams at the Olympics will be...

:JPN :FRA :BRA :KOR :ANG :NED :ESP :SWE :NOR :RUS 

And...

:SRB or :HUN 

:MNE or :ROU 

Nothing goes as expected in women's handball, so likely Argentina, North Korea and China qualifies :-)

Hungary Women's Team Coach Kim Rasmussen Suspended

Following the behaviour of Hungary women's team coach Kim Rasmussen during the press conference after their last preliminary round match against Romania on 6 December, the IHF Executive Committee decided to suspend Mr Rasmussen from any handball coaching activities in their meeting held on 10 December 2019 in Kumamoto, Japan. 

During the press conference after the match, which Hungary lost by one, Mr Rasmussen showed unsportsmanlike behaviour and used inappropriate language. Therefore, in accordance with Articles 17 and 32 of the IHF Regulations concerning Penalties and Fines, the IHF Executive Committee decided to suspend Mr Kim Rasmussen from any handball coaching activities on national and international level with immediate effect and to refer the case related to his behaviour to the IHF Ethics Commission for further action, if applicable. 

This is the press conference: https://www.facebook.com/392016870930528/videos/484365449100068/

What an idiotic decision right before the OQT. How the fuck dare they do this to a national team? I have never seen something like this before in a team sport. He cursed and was angry at the delegates for making some very questionable calls. International Federations usually give some fine for this, not suspend the coach from ALL activities. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by Vektor