website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2019

hckošice

15 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Is it always possible to qualify Germany and Sweden at the Olympic Games?

I think the word you want to use here is still instead of always and yes it's still possible. If Germany wins tomorrow they are almost certain to qualify and Sweden would have a chance in OQT. If Sweden wins however, they will likely qualify at OQT and Germany is eliminated. 

So :IOC will be one of the gold medal favorites in women's handball at Tokyo and may possibly win the quota here unless there is a upset. Maybe :NED could reach the finals just like women's football. 

Somehow :SEN is underestimated I believe. Good to see Slovenia getting thrashed by :ANG

Hopefully some confidence. 

Looking at Romania's form, 5th place match is important. 

9-4 up I assumed it was :GER going through but the Swedes had other ideas. Accompanied by fast breaks and aided by  some poor reckless shooting from Germans ,Hungary have one chance  to now qualify for Tokyo. Nonetheless it won't be a walk in the park considering both 3rd placed team here and Serbia are quite strong. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

Acum 2 ore, Fly_like_a_don a spus:

:MNE finish 5th :cheer: 

Surely they are going to Tokyo. I don't see Romania winning infact I expect Montenegro to win the group ahead of the 4th place team mostly :ESP

Things can change till then. I'm sure Romania will be another team:d

Everyone is a huge fan of Sweden right now in Hungary. :d I honestly didn't expect this results, specially not that they would win with such a huge margin. Well, I guess it's either Serbia or us at the Olympics, let's hope that our players will find their form in the next 3 months, the Champions League main round matches should help with that. 

Wait, how did Sweden beating Germany help Hungary qualify for the OQT? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, how did Sweden beating Germany help Hungary qualify for the OQT? :p 

Sweden was 6th at the ECh, we were 7th. We needed Sweden to get a WCh OQT spot, because otherwise they would have taken the 2nd European OQT spot instead of us (Romania already got the first one with their ECh 4th place).