website statistics

Rowing

• 4 months later...

"

Another Olympic rower said that athletes continue to climb the podium “despite” the national organization. She questioned why coach Michelle Darvill wasn’t retained after guiding the women’s eight to Olympic gold. In 2021, Darvill was named both the Canadian coach of the year for all sports, by the Coaching Association of Canada and world rowing coach of the year.

“She didn’t have a job the day after we won the Olympics,” she said. “Rowing Canada ended her contract the day after we won the Olympics, she was on a plane with us, no longer an employee of Rowing Canada.”

Darvill is now the head coach of the Dutch women’s team, which won seven medals at the recent world championships in the Czech Republic.

-Globe and Mail

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:45 AM, JoshMartini007 said:

Rowing Canada has been a mess for at least a decade if my memory serves me right.

and i think rowing could have good potential for success since it is the sport with the most medals in Olympics for Canada, after athletics

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Canada sending 10/14 boats to Worlds!

https://rowingcanada.org/canadian-rowing-team-announced-for-2023-world-rowing-championships/?mc_cid=186dc79cab&mc_eid=UNIQID

Caileigh Filmer is also back! She retired from rowing and switched to cycling, and is now back

Men's four/Women's single sculls not competing after they did at World Cup 3

Edited by intoronto

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, NearPup said:

So, when is the whole leadership of Rowing Canada going to be replaced? The results at worlds were absolutely dire.

It's been like this for a decade now, they rule with an iron fist, quashing any dissident.