website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Why do israel go to Path A playoffs? we were in League 3? how are they determining which team goes to which Path?

First they determine Path D based on the results of League D...

1. :GEO 

2. :MKD 

3. :KOS 

4. :BLR 

Then Path C based on the results of League C....

1. :SCO 

2. :NOR 

3. :SRB 

4. :FIN  - already qualified

5. :BUL 

Then Path B based on the results of League B....

1. :BIH 

2. :UKR - already qualified

3. :DEN - will likely qualify

4. :SWE - already qualified

5. :RUS - already qualified

6. :AUT - already qualified

7. :WAL - will likely(?) qualify

8. :CZE - already qualified

9. :SVK 

10. :TUR - already qualified

11. :IRL 

12. :NIR 

Then Path A based on the results of League A...

1-11. all qualified or will likely qualify

12. :ISL 

So Path A has 3 open spots. We have to fill those with League B teams... but those also already qualified or are in Path B. So now we have to fill those with League C teams.

6. :ISR 

7. :HUN 

8. :ROU 

And that's how you get a Path A with mostly League C teams. 

Oh shit, I knew that I forgot something about this stupid PO system. I forgot that the non-group winners of NL will be in a draw if they can't fill a path "perfectly". In other words, if everything goes as expected, :BUL :ISR :HUN :ROU will be in a draw to determine whether they will be in Path A or Path C. 3 of those teams will be in Path A and 1 will be in Path C. 

Edited by Vektor

Oh ffs, UEFA made a rule to help host teams. Which means that they want to avoid having two host teams in the same PO path if they can. Which also means that there definitely won't be 3 host teams in Path C (Scotland is already there). So both :HUN and :ROU can't be in Path C.

Edited by Vektor

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Looks like all mediocre nations should aim to get relegated to the bottom tier in future to increase qualification chances (unless this is a once-off system). 

They already change everything for the World Cup qualification, they even reorganized the NL divisions, so who the hell knows what they will do the next time. 

Edited by Vektor

25 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Looks like all mediocre nations should aim to get relegated to the bottom tier in future to increase qualification chances (unless this is a once-off system). 

Let us pray to every deity this is what it is :p 

I'm not even trying to get this system. Wikipedia has a Q after 'Netherlands' so that's all, I'm out :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!