website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Already looking forward for the last round in this group how everybody will want to not top the group :lol:

I honestly don't get it. Sure, you get an easier round of 16 but you'll most likely end up in the same half as France, Italy and Belgium.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

2nd place in this group plays either Sweden or Slovakia so that might be tempting alright :p

Worst day of the tournament so far. Three very cagey games. Tomorrow should be more goals especially for Spain! :evil:

There no way SVK will finish 2nd in the group :lol:if it wasn't for that stupid penalty, maybe we would have finished second with 4 points, now it's clear that we'll end up dead last, maybe third at best with some favorable results for us, but certainly with only three points and a passive, highly passive score. so eliminated in any case.

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

There no way SVK will finish 2nd in the group :lol:if it wasn't for that stupid penalty, maybe we would have finished second with 4 points, now it's clear that we'll end up dead last, maybe third at best with some favorable results for us, but certainly with only three points and a passive, highly passive score. so eliminated in any case.

You won't finish last ;) You could sneak into R16 as the 4th best team from third place though even with three points IMO.

You'd only require draws in :SUI vs :TUR and :CRO vs :SCO to qualify even with 3 points.

5 minutes ago, Agger said:

I honestly don't get it. Sure, you get an easier round of 16 but you'll most likely end up in the same half as France, Italy and Belgium.

Sure, but playing POR, GER or FRA already in round of 16 after winning your group is not the most tempting option neither :p

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Sure, but playing POR, GER or FRA already in round of 16 after winning your group is not the most tempting option neither :p

Sure, but that's one really tough one in the round of 16 where both the quarter and semi will be against two of the strongest teams. There's no easy road but it feels stupid to me.

@Agger @hckošice  Even if England wants to avoid 3rd place from Group F in R16 they'd still have to face winner of Group F in QF if they beat Sweden in Copenhagen. So they can't avoid Group F for all that long. If they win their group they have Spain in QF path most likely.

Group F winner has the easiest quarter in top half (not having to face another group winner in QF). Small prize for this being the death group anyway.

Group C winner (Netherlands) has the easiest quarter in the bottom half (also not having to face a group winner in QF).

Netherlands vs winner of Wales vs Russia/Denmark is a very probable QF right now.

It's one of the hottest days of the summer here and the match will be played at 15:00. I mean, the temperatures aren't crazy high, but it will be around 32-33 Celsius during the match. When I step outside it feels like I am in an oven, so it won't be great for the players. 

And I hope that the match won't turn into a historical defeat. The biggest defeats ever at the EUROs are 5-0 / 6-1, I hope France won't break that today. 

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@Agger @hckošice  Even if England wants to avoid 3rd place from Group F in R16 they'd still have to face winner of Group F in QF if they beat Sweden in Copenhagen. So they can't avoid Group F for all that long. If they win their group they have Spain in QF path most likely.

Group F winner has the easiest quarter in top half (not having to face another group winner in QF). Small prize for this being the death group anyway.

Group C winner (Netherlands) has the easiest quarter in the bottom half (also not having to face a group winner in QF).

Netherlands vs winner of Wales vs Russia/Denmark is a very probable QF right now.

That was pretty much my point.