website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I think England might deserved a penalty before this one so the referee felt it's the right time to whistle for a penalty :d If only Schmeicel could have hold it :cry:

Yes! Thank you for this comment. Mere seconds before the (undeserved) penalty, one very tall Danish player tackled one of the English players inside the penalty area. I was baffled a penalty was not called.

Anyway, as it has been said here, it might not be the way we wanted this result to be achieved, but it was a deserved result. England and Italy are the two teams I wanted to reach the final stage, and I expect a great match to be played. I'm just slightly more inclined to cheer for England, but the final result will almost be irrelevant to me. I'm just happy these teams will play in the final.

19 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes! Thank you for this comment. Mere seconds before the (undeserved) penalty, one very tall Danish player tackled one of the English players inside the penalty area. I was baffled a penalty was not called.

Anyway, as it has been said here, it might not be the way we wanted this result to be achieved, but it was a deserved result. England and Italy are the two teams I wanted to reach the final stage, and I expect a great match to be played. I'm just slightly more inclined to cheer for England, but the final result will almost be irrelevant to me. I'm just happy these teams will play in the final.

Yes clear foul from Vestergaard on Sterling before this play, also Kane could have earned a penalty in 2nd half, Sterling for me is by far the best English player and he caused many problems to the Danish defence today 

27 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

I'm happy for brazilian players in Italian NT.

But Jesus, how could CBF lost very good players such a Jorginho and Thiago (in the past Deco, Diego Costa and many others)

Thank you for Deco.

My football team is Fc Porto so he was my favourite player!

6 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Yes clear foul from Vestergaard on Sterling before this play

Was that the one where little Sterling basically jumped against the three times taller Danish guy (who of course didn't move because it was like a mosquito hit him) and then of course fell down and hoped for the referee to fall for it? :d 

Not sure if that was the same moment, but it looked sort of hilarious, like he was trying to break down a wall by jumping up against it but the wall refused to move :lol: 

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

England was the better team but losing on that penalty was damn frustrating! Felt like it should have been stopped with the 2 balls just by eachother on the pitch, but the penalty call was terrible!

Penalty in the 2nd half? No. Kane made a free kick before the situation. If it wasn't for that, sure it should have been a penalty! Can't talk about the situation before the penalty. I simply don't remember it!

Now we'll have more or less the 2 most overacting teams in the final. Some promising actors on both teams. The booing fans, diving players and the the laser pen using fool (hope that person won't set foot on a stadium for many years!) and a much more interesting Italian team makes it easy for me to pick  my winners! 

Today I'll be frustrated. We were so damn close to going to penalties where we would have a fine chance. But starting tomorrow it'll be all about pride. This team has done amazing and we (oh well, Christian Eriksen) won the most important match of all. Just too bad that I won't be watching the next tournament where we can once again be a challenger!

This is going to be one of those rare matches where 0-0 might be the most interesting situation...these really are two teams who'll basically park the bus and kill the match as soon as they make a first goal.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is going to be one of those rare matches where 0-0 might be the most interesting situation...these really are two teams who'll basically park the bus and kill the match as soon as they make a first goal.

Yeah parking the bus is what Italy did in all their matches after scoring the first goal (apart from the first 5 out of 6 here and 95% of the previous games under Mancini)

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Yeah parking the bus is what Italy did in all their matches after scoring the first goal (apart from the first 5 out of 6 here and 95% of the previous games under Mancini)

Yeah alright, I might have been exaggerating a little :p