website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

@OlympicsFan@LDOG Portugal finished behind Ukraine in the qualifying group but they were still seeded in the best pot as they made the Final Four of the 2018/19 Nations League. Same as Switzerland who was therefore overseeded by common sense (they beat Belgium on goal difference to make the Final Four).

The other big spoiler was Germany being down in third pot due to the fact they got infamously relegated from the inaugural Nations League competition and had a worse goal difference than Poland (last team in Pot 1).

I think it has chanced how people view our chances of qualification in Hungary after the previous match, it went from "no chance in hell" to "maybe???". You can easily guess what I am expecting after I have been pessimistic about our chances for the entire group stage. My only wish is that the EURO doesn't with a big loss for Hungary this time, I am afraid that the team might be tired, the match against France in that heat was visibly really exhausting for them. 

This is the part where I should say "I will eat my shoe if we beat Germany in Munich and qualify for R16", but I am no betting man. :p

Seems like the match in Amsterdam will still have som Danish fans. About 2.000-2.500 are expected. There won't be much time to celebrate though as they have to leave more or less at once as they will be using the 12 hour window.

14 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@OlympicsFan@LDOG Portugal finished behind Ukraine in the qualifying group but they were still seeded in the best pot as they made the Final Four of the 2018/19 Nations League. Same as Switzerland who was therefore overseeded by common sense (they beat Belgium on goal difference to make the Final Four).

The other big spoiler was Germany being down in third pot due to the fact they got infamously relegated from the inaugural Nations League competition and had a worse goal difference than Poland (last team in Pot 1).

Doesn’t really matter. If a system allows 3 of the 4 top European teams of the past decade to be drawn in the same group, then the system obviously doesn’t make sense.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Doesn’t really matter. If a system allows 3 of the 4 top European teams of the past decade to be drawn in the same group, then the system obviously doesn’t make sense.

But it's UEFA's system so it's "house always wins" rule :p They obviously wanted to add extra importance to the Nations League so teams don't treat it like glorified friendly matches to begin with.

Our squad vs Sweden. Krychowiak returns after red card, Moder isn't even on the bench with a minor knee injury.

E4kqRMeXwAcwSkl?format=png&name=medium