website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

nevermind, great play from HUN, nothing is over, they still can very well surprise FRA or GER

Nah zero chance, this was clearly their hope for a point against "defensive" Portugal. France doesn't screw around and Germany will dismantle them in Munich.

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That was very suspicious for offside and yet VAR is nowhere to be seen :lol: They wait for the most obvious goals, but nope, not this one.

ESPN commentators said that VAR checked that goal and cleared it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We held on to that 0-0 way longer than what I expected. The only thing I am pissed about is that the first one was such an unlucky goal, if the third Portuguese goal was the first one, I couldn't complain about anything. 

34 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

The linesman should have raised the flag immediately (the offside was clearly visible), it just killed the momentum for the Hungarians. Nevertheless, that last goal was just pathetic effort from their defense.

That's not the rule anymore. Now ARs have to WAIT until the play is over and then raise the flag. The rule was tweaked to prevent situations when a player was actually onside and the quick AR call was wrong. The rule was tweaked back in 2013 already (before the 2014 World Cup) but some fans still call it by the old version. I see this happen even in Polish league when commentators sometimes wonder "why the AR raised the flag so late?". Because that's the new rule! :p

The previous rule tweak was in 2005 when AR was allowed to keep the flag down when a player offside wasn't making any play at the ball.