website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely. Illnesses and such, alright, we've got treatments for a whole lot of them. But shit like your heart suddenly stopping or a brain aneurysm, those sudden things which can literally kill you out of absolutely nothing...that stuff is scary man.

Shocking indeed.

He is full professional, probably has best care on monthly basis and this happens. Hundreds of ECGs, endurance tests and still this couldnt be prevented.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Thank God Eriksen dodged the bullet, but i think it's time to call it a career. If it happens once, chances are things could repeat or get worse are much bigger..

Doctors probably won't let him resume his career anyway. And I'm not even talking about his wife/partner.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Heart is a basically a muscle. You can't really prevent a heart attack.

I am MD. I was working in ER. 

So i have witnessed this many times.

Medically speaking, it cant be prevented but medicine can recognize subtle signs of failing heart or any other organ. 

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Medically speaking, it cant be prevented but medicine can recognize subtle signs of failing heart or any other organ. 

What kind of signs?

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I bet he had medical checks before the tournament. And you don't really expect a heart attack around age 30-ish unless there is some undisclosed condition or outside influence like steroids. My uncle who didn't smoke had a heart attack at age 34 for instance. Granted it was in the 70s.

Danish football federation has tweeted Eriksen is awake and is in the hospital for further checks and such.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!