website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

Well I understand staying in defence and looking for counterattacks against Italy but I think we overdid it with the fear of losing the first game. We need to have better counterattacks in the second half. Also I also think it was a penalty, it is a shame the hand rule is still not clear after 150 years of football history. They should stop changing it it.

Just now, merlinsbeard said:

Well I understand staying in defence and looking for counterattacks against Italy but I think we overdid it with the fear of losing the first game. We need to have better counterattacks in the second half. Also I also think it was a penalty, it is a shame the hand rule is still not clear after 150 years of football history. They should stop changing it it.

After VAR changing it is the only right thing to do or we'll keep on seeing a ton of random penalties. I'm happy!

Good thing they didn't give a penalty to Turkey after 40 minutes or so for some nonsense trip and Italy a few minutes later for some Italian shooting the ball against a Turkish arm. That'd have set an annoying precendence for the whole tournament.

At least I didn't see the referee go to a screen, instead he just listened to the VAR it seems. Finally some improvement in football's incredibly botched VAR system? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, Agger said:

After VAR changing it is the only right thing to do or we'll keep on seeing a ton of random penalties. I'm happy!

Well, now defenders know that they can occupy a lot of space with large arms to intercept crosses and will exploit this rule, they'll change it back soon. This kind of handball has always been punished, way before VAR.