website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

Official change for :ITA  Matteo Pessina has replaced the injured Stefano Sensi

:ENG  Benjamin White has been called up to replace Trent Alexander-Arnold in England's Euro 2020 squad.

:ESP  After the positive case for Sergio Busquets, Luis Enrique call five players for training: Raúl Albiol, Rodrigo Moreno, Pablo Fornals, Carlos Soler y Brais Méndez

Spoiler

Though squads have been submitted, there can be unlimited replacements before the first match in the event of serious injury or illness (including COVID-19 or 'close contact' to positive case). He may only be substituted if a doctor from the UEFA Medical Committee and the team doctor concerned both confirm that the injuryor illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the finaltournament

18 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

@heywoodu who do u think will be main GK of Netherlands in euro 2020 Stekelenburg or Krul ? 

Until a week or two ago I thought Stekelenburg was playing somewhere in some obscure league since ages, I had no idea he was even still active at this kind of level :d Then again, I was utterly shocked when seeing Stekelenburg made his debut in 2004 already, I thought that was much later.

Back to the point though: it looks like it's going to be Stekelenburg, judging by a quick trip through media world. He was quite good against Georgia (I know, it's Georgia, but still), while Krul messed up in the godawful performance against Scotland.

The fact that there's four players in the team who I've barely ever heard of (if ever at all) should tell you enough about my knowledge about this though :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Hungarian Football Federation announced that the Hungarian team won't take the knee before their EURO2020 matches. They cite that the UEFA and FIFA don't allow political actions during their events, and they support the stance of the international federations. 

This is obviously in response to England taking the knee at EURO2020. 

:NEDDonny van de Beek will miss the Euro 2020 with a groin injury.  Frank de Boer will not call a replacement.

:ESP  Other player positive en la Roja, Diego Llorente.

Kepa Arrizabalaga  joins the training in the second bubble"  with the other 5 players call up.

Spain have a list of 24 players and can substitute one with other, not adding more at list, despite are less then 26, until 48 hours before their debut